Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's that time for new tires and i was wondering what you input is on the best tire setup is. Right now im lowered on Sportlines and i have a 245/45/18 (Front) on a 18X8.5 rim and im happy with that look, its the back that im not, they are 275/30/18 on a 18X9.5 rim and i hate that the tire was not meatier and the fronts were much bigger looking. Just wondering what the best setup would be for me. O and if your wondering the only reason they are like that now is because i got a wheel and tire package and those are the tires it came with.
Thanks, Dustin

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm running a 285/40/18 on a 10" rim in the rear and love the look. It's a hard size to find, but I wanted the height to look right. They're expensive, but the Goodyear F1's are a good tire.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
285/40/18 is the best size. Goodyear eagle f1 supercars are pretty cheap. I'd get those. The supercars are probably the cheapest good tire u will find made for both sizes.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Or if you want to stay with the 275 tread width, which personally I think is better with your 9.5" rims, You can go to a 40 series tire. A 275/40 will give you the same sidewall height (110 mm) as your front 245/45's. So from the side they will look the same size. If you want a really staggered look you might want to go with a 275/45, but I don't know how much room you have with your Sportlines.

I happen to like the staggered look as you can tell.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Boss, every time I see your car I swear I'm going to buy those rear tires next time around. Looks real nice bro.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
^ +1 that car just looks mean.. you should paint your spoiler black :)
I've got a Steed Street wing getting sanded and repainted along with my front end. It was originally Satin Silver with black winglets. I'm not sure if I want to go all black because eventually I will have stripes going from nose to tail. Here is a pic of the spoiler before I took it back off to get repainted.

·
babe, let's get packed
2,034 Posts
Ok it's that time for new tires and i was wondering what you input is on the best tire setup is. Right now im lowered on Sportlines and i have a 245/45/18 (Front) on a 18X8.5 rim and im happy with that look, its the back that im not, they are 275/30/18 on a 18X9.5 rim and i hate that the tire was not meatier and the fronts were much bigger looking. Just wondering what the best setup would be for me. O and if your wondering the only reason they are like that now is because i got a wheel and tire package and those are the tires it came with.
Thanks, Dustin
I have the same size rims as you and went with 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 back.
Toyo T1R Proxes (no winter driving).

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I have the same size rims as you and went with 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 back.
Toyo T1R Proxes (no winter driving).

That was the same exact set up I used to run before I went with DR's. In fact I have the T1R rears sitting in my garage with only about 13K miles on them. They are great tires, probably some of the best that I ever rode on.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
This thread is The Win!

So school me here boys...

I have the Roush rims...18x10.

Right now all four are wrapped in 275/40/18 rubber (Michelin Pilot Sport PS2)

So what max width can I step up to? I need more rubber! This TVS lit up the tires at 50 MPH today in second. Whoo Hoo!!!!!

I'd like to keep all four the same so I can rotate vs. going with a stagger...and all four of my rims are the same.

285's clear in the front wheel wells lock to lock no problem? (I'm lowered - Steeda springs all around)

How about 305's?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts