Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Welcome!!! And like the other guys said.. Dont even bother to fool with the headers. Spend that money on some gears.. Im shocked nobody has told you yet to get gears.. If you dont plan on taking the big leap and going supercharger or turbo ($3000-5000 dollars) in the future.. Then get a set of 4.10 gears!! That will really make the car wake up and pull harder. If you do plan on dumping that cash later for S/C or turbo then go 3.73 gears now..

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome im in Tampa too. Sounds like a good deal! Maybe ill see you around here sometime.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Most aftermarket midpipes leak because the factory studs from the flange to the midpipe have shoulders on them that don't let "'most" aftermarket pipes to seal because the shoulders on the driverside studs wont let the clamp tighten enough on the manifold, I think upr midpipes come with a sleeve the you can fut in the pipe and will seal better, but I took a grinder and grinded the shoulders off

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
And Longtubes midpipe and catback sounds amazing! If yyou have the time and patients for some Longtubes then go for, if you go with a tubular k or ever have the engine out why the hell not get Longtubes, just my opinion, good buy and welcome :D

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here she is :) Just picked her up and gave her a bath. Mods in sig go on this weekend. Woo hoo!

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Most aftermarket midpipes leak because the factory studs from the flange to the midpipe have shoulders on them that don't let "'most" aftermarket pipes to seal because the shoulders on the driverside studs wont let the clamp tighten enough on the manifold, I think upr midpipes come with a sleeve the you can fut in the pipe and will seal better, but I took a grinder and grinded the shoulders off
Thanks man! Any pictures of what exactly these shoulders look like you speak of?

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
LOWER HER!!!
Looks awesome though man!
+1 Be sure to make putting some lowering springs the next thing on your list.. otherwise it will continue to look like a 4x4.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
You have a ton of work ahead of you trying to keep that black paint looking nice! Be sure to give it all the treatment you can. I.e. waxing, clay bar, etc. Black is hard to keep looking nice. Nice looking car though! Great deal! Lower that bitch A.S.A.P:cool:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Clean

21 - 31 of 31 Posts