Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needs a little body work and ALOT of cleaning , but its all there and runs good , guy road raced it so I am sure there will be some bumps to work out , but I got it for a steal ....

needs drivers fender and door , the rest I can fix , probably put new headlights on it as well then paint it back the original red and do ALOT of cleaning on the inside , new carpet , guy gave me all new door panels and rear interior panels along with the original wheels and ALOT of extra parts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean, But that thing looks like it was reeled in from the bottom of a smelly swamp. why would anyone keep a car so nastY?

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean, But that thing looks like it was reeled in from the bottom of a smelly swamp. why would anyone keep a car so nastY?
Because it makes a nice project. And when its done, it gives you the satisfaction that you made it nice when it used to look like ****.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Because it makes a nice project. And when its done, it gives you the satisfaction that you made it nice when it used to look like ****.
The previous owner kept it this nasty so it would be a good project car?

I don't think it looks like ****, might smell like it but over all its nice..but then again I'm looking at it all cleaned up. I love cleaning cars, If I lived close by Id clean it completely for him.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hm. I do wonder why in the world he would let it get so dirty. Oh and i wouldn't let your wife see it till it's pretty lol. If I brought that home to my wifey I'd be sleeping in it.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
The previous owner kept it this nasty so it would be a good project car?

I don't think it looks like ****, might smell like it but over all its nice..but then again I'm looking at it all cleaned up. I love cleaning cars, If I lived close by Id clean it completely for him.
Oh, I thought you were bashing the OP for buying it like that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
that thing needs some love...it should be a fun project:)

what did you pay for it?

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I will just say this, I stole it for the price I gave , the guy used it for road racing and he has moved 2 times in last few years and his wife is now disabled and he is 62 years old , so it basically has just been sitting for several years , he just decided to sell it recently

·
Resident Headbanger
2,427 Posts
It certainly looks like a solid project car but I suspect you're going to need deep pockets to fix it up 'cause it's gonna be a money pit.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It certainly looks like a solid project car but I suspect you're going to need deep pockets to fix it up 'cause it's gonna be a money pit.
not really , found 2 doors and a fender for 400 bucks , carpets little over 100 , ALOT of cleaning and I am fully capable of fixing the rest of the body work on the rear quarter myself and then CLEAN on it for days , guy gave me just about every new panel for the interior with the car ......and the original wheels , all the stock AC parts , fog lights etc that go back on the car , new header panel behind the headlights since thats why the corner light is hanging out , I had the back of my truck full of parts he gave me with the car

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Solid starter for a damn good project...

·
Resident Headbanger
2,427 Posts
not really , found 2 doors and a fender for 400 bucks , carpets little over 100 , ALOT of cleaning and I am fully capable of fixing the rest of the body work on the rear quarter myself and then CLEAN on it for days , guy gave me just about every new panel for the interior with the car ......and the original wheels , all the stock AC parts , fog lights etc that go back on the car , new header panel behind the headlights since thats why the corner light is hanging out , I had the back of my truck full of parts he gave me with the car
Excellent. Certainly helps to have all those parts at your disposal. Should save you quite a few pennies. :yes

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
do yourself a favor and go buy some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers....they will work wonders on the mildew and mold and dirt,grime on the interior especially the leather and dash...**** they are great on everything...

·
Registered
780 Posts
does the motor/ tranny run/work good

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Simple green also works good on everything. I pulled my whole center console out when I bought my car and sprayed it down with simple green. Worked great

·
Registered
288 Posts
do yourself a favor and go buy some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers....they will work wonders on the mildew and mold and dirt,grime on the interior especially the leather and dash...**** they are great on everything...
+1

if u wanna get body parts cheaper use craigslist. i think 400 is a little high for 2 doors and fenders. thats just my opinion though. i bought mine for much cheaper. btw whats the paint code on that? is it the e9 red? if so thats gunna be a bit expensive to repaint. its a tri coat if you know what that is. i have a 94 that was e9. i found a red that looked similar but actually better cause it had ALOT of gold pearl in it. makes a nice flash in the light. it was cheaper and still looks great. ill show u some pics if you want to see what it came out like. good luck on the project. i just finished one similar to it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts