Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've had an 04 v6 for about 2 years and now that I just got stationed out in Hawaii and it costs an ungodly amount of money to ship it out here, I decided to just buy a GT. I got an 04 gt with 45xxx miles, K&N CAI, some type of UD pulleys, and a short throw shifter. First question, how the hell can I keep from rolling in to the back of the jerks here that like to ride my bumper on the steep hills when I'm stopped? It's my first manual car so I'm not too familiar with all of it yet. About how much power do yall think I'm putting to the wheels with the current mods? I can't really think of any other questions right now. And I know that I sound super noobish but it's whatever. Thanks in advance for any input.

I hate the wheels though. 95 Cobra R is just not me.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
With your mods you have at most 5 hp over stock. A 2v is a royal pain in the ass to get more power from. Boost it and call er done

Reactions: MacDizzle

·
Registered
245 Posts
to stop from rollin back on people pretty much just comes from experience,getting to know your car and getting your timing down,besides after ya roll back into a few people you and them will get used to it real fast..lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Use your e brake to keep from rolling back on steep inclines until you get used to it

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thank you, I'll give that a try next time I'm out driving. I also forgot to mention the previous owner also had a ford racing clutch installed. Are those any good or should I just buy a SPEC stage 3+?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Alright thank you, I'll give that a try next time I'm out driving. I also forgot to mention the previous owner also had a ford racing clutch installed. Are those any good or should I just buy a SPEC stage 3+?
Congrats on your gt. Hawaii drivers are pretty stupid and I had to deal with them for 6 years now. We are coming back from Iraq in a month. If you are station in 2nd Brigade 25th ID then hit me up. Anyway, your clucth is fine because your not really pushing alot of power. I suggest getting gears and call henry from Ewa if you want him to install it for you.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
with my v6 on hills, I always let the clutch out until it engaged, if you recognize that point, you foot should get their instantly- slow down, let it hook up while giving it a steady bit of fuel while holding it. DO NOT give it too much gas as you'll burn the clutch. The car should stay put until it hooks up, then apply more gas to get going.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Iammclovin if you don't like your wheel then we cam swap when i get back haha

·
Registered
575 Posts
+1 on the e-brake until you get used to it. I like to roll back a little when I see a car getting close to me on a hill, if they pay attention they will see that and stay a little bit back. I'm good with my car and all but I still do that to keep them from getting too close.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Whoa. Buddy. That will be an on/off switch. If you aren't gonna boost or spray it go with an oem clutch. Way cheaper. Stage 3+. Damn

·
Registered
634 Posts
+1 on the roll back when your at the stop and see another car approaching. They almost always get the idea and realize they don't want to be kissed by your rear bumper by coming too close. another solution is to install a line lock set up. Perfect for this scenario although most guys get them for doing burnouts. Look them up on line if you don't know what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 on the e-brake until you get used to it. I like to roll back a little when I see a car getting close to me on a hill, if they pay attention they will see that and stay a little bit back. I'm good with my car and all but I still do that to keep them from getting too close.
Haha a lot of times i do the same when people are getting to close, or i even put it in the reverse and start to back up just to be a dick, but it makes them stop so i dont care :)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Dont go with a spec stage 3+ on a stock GT. That would be a waste. The stock clutches on these are actually really good. Eagles last about 140k miles and 40k miles (I think) on boost. Mine lasted a decent amount of time, to many drag strip passes hurt it.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just curious about if I should get another clutch or not because it already has an upgraded one. I just didn't know if it was any good or not because I've never heard anything about a ford racing clutch though. One thing I've noticed about the car though, is that every few seconds or so, it'll lag a bit. I opened up the hood and looked at the pulleys while it was running and the bottom pulley on the left (I'm not sure what it's called) that has some screws on it. Well those will spin then stop and thats when the engine lags a little bit. What might cause this?

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Spec Stage 3+ clutch is way too much clutch and you don't need it. A Stage 1 is fine with your mods. If you want a clutch to grow into, get a Spec Stage 2 then and make sure to replace the flywheel when you replace the clutch. I wouldn't worry about replacing the clutch unless you need to though;)

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Alright so no stage 3+. Now who on Oahu wants some 95 cobra wheels and brand new goodyear f1 (I think that's what's on them, I looked when I bought the car and haven't looked since) tires. I want some bullitts or 2010 gt wheels :)
Actually, I could go for some Mach 1 wheels. They're sexy.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I like your wheels. Every other car around here has Bullitt wheels on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
On hills I always hold my clutch right where it starts to engage. If I were you I'd practice somewhere flat and get used to doin it. Slowly pull your foot up off the clutch till you're moving, keep practicing till you can do it without stalling. It's not difficult, in a couple of months you won't even know you're doin it. But I have heard that it puts extra wear on the clutch so don't just sit at a red light holding it out. Breaks are your friend. lol :) Nice car, Those mods aren't much for power but short shifters are fun. Doubt you'll even notice being new to manuals. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I was just curious about if I should get another clutch or not because it already has an upgraded one. I just didn't know if it was any good or not because I've never heard anything about a ford racing clutch though. One thing I've noticed about the car though, is that every few seconds or so, it'll lag a bit. I opened up the hood and looked at the pulleys while it was running and the bottom pulley on the left (I'm not sure what it's called) that has some screws on it. Well those will spin then stop and thats when the engine lags a little bit. What might cause this?
A/c compressor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts