Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the subject says i bought that version of head unit. now i also have bought the bracket for it 2004 GT. oil feed and oil drain lines. whats next?

i want to use a BOV

im looking to be around 370-390 rwhp because shes still a DD and i don't want to kill my engine (84k)

now what can i expect from this head unit? anyone here with personal experience? what are the main differences with the s and t trims?

the next couple things ill be buying are my fuel upgrades and MAF any particular brands or actual item work best with our 2V's? like for instance ford racing injectors my best bet? im sure they know what they're doing lol vs venom or something else? was going with the SVT focus pump possibly, but i figured i would ask you guys and gather opinions.

Also i want the loudest damn BOV i can get so thats big red right ?

what other piping do i need to complete my install?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Do you plan on getting an intercooler also? Or are you going to run a non intercooled kit? For the bov I recommend tial 50mm. So damn loud!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
like the subject says i bought that version of head unit. now i also have bought the bracket for it 2004 GT. oil feed and oil drain lines. whats next?

i want to use a BOV

im looking to be around 370-390 rwhp because shes still a DD and i don't want to kill my engine (84k)

now what can i expect from this head unit? anyone here with personal experience? what are the main differences with the s and t trims?
A member here pushed this unit to 598 rwhp with supporting mods @17psi as far as expectations and long term capabilities. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the continuation of the build!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/81305-back-dyno.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/108991-vortech-s-trim-t-trim-really-worth.html

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you plan on getting an intercooler also? Or are you going to run a non intercooled kit? For the bov I recommend tial 50mm. So damn loud!
louder than this big red one i always see people posting about?

also do BOV contribute to performance? or just to that amazing woosshhhh

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A member here pushed this unit to 598 rwhp with supporting mods @17psi as far as expectations and long term capabilities. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the continuation of the build!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/81305-back-dyno.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/108991-vortech-s-trim-t-trim-really-worth.html
whats the pros of intercooled? i see small gains when doing it better for the unit? or engine? now all i have is the bracket oil feed/drain so no discharge or whatever you would have if you werent intercooled. would it be cheaper to just go intercooled? doesnt that mean taking my bumper and so forth off?

looks like you have a S trim how long have you had it? you like it? considered doing that t-trim upgrade?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will cost more to go with an intercooler. But with an intercooler you can run more boost safely and keep the air cooler. Look up cxracing. They sell kits will all the piping and intercooler and decent prices.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/videos/287341-quick-videos-supercharger-bov.html
Theres my old thread. Check it out I posted a few videos. Thats with the tial 50mm BOV.
yeah that sounds great, nice ass house btw lol. how does the big red compare to this tial?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
whats the pros of intercooled? i see small gains when doing it better for the unit? or engine? now all i have is the bracket oil feed/drain so no discharge or whatever you would have if you werent intercooled. would it be cheaper to just go intercooled? doesnt that mean taking my bumper and so forth off?

looks like you have a S trim how long have you had it? you like it? considered doing that t-trim upgrade?
Wicked just kinda summed it up on the intercooler situation. I have had my kit on for going on 3 years but im running low boost on it and I barley run my car in the summer time and when i go to increase the power instead of increasing the boost (which in returns creates more heat) I will be going with blower cams to increase my power so I still may hold off on getting an intercooler. Im only seeing about 6-7 psi right about now and my car only gets driven like once or twice a week if that and I don't hot lap it at the track when I do put it out there.

I love the kit so far in the city and on the highway even on the 2000+ mile round trips I take in the car sometimes from Tx to GA I have no complaints at all about it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
yeah that sounds great, nice ass house btw lol. how does the big red compare to this tial?
Yea it scares of ricers ha. That was my parents house. Im not sure Ive never heard a big red in person. But I have heard that they are supposed to be loud.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea it scares of ricers ha. That was my parents house. Im not sure Ive never heard a big red in person. But I have heard that they are supposed to be loud.
is this the right kit?

Front Mount Intercooler DIY Kit for Ford Mustang Turbo or Supercharger on Passenger Side
Item Code: KIT-MSTPS-IC0022
Our Price: $332.00
Quantity in Basket: none

seems pretty cheap so might as well go with it. now what else do i need to bolt this headunit up and run all together as far as piping. looks like i have the headunit, oil lines, fuel pump, BOV, and intercooler down what else do i need? sorry im a noob but pretty soon i wont be thank god

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like my S-trim. Ive had it about 5 years had to rebuild it once but it was because the belt broke and f'd up the bearings. Instead of t-trim Ive heard nothing but good things about the 928motorsports s-trim upgrade. Check em out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
blow off valve just sounds cool and is more for longevity of your motor. No real performance advantages or disadvantges until you run higher boost. Also I didnt read how much boost you plan to run but Id go with 42# injectors. Thats what I have with 12#s of boost,however I have a 4v.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blow off valve just sounds cool and is more for longevity of your motor. No real performance advantages or disadvantges until you run higher boost. Also I didnt read how much boost you plan to run but Id go with 42# injectors. Thats what I have with 12#s of boost,however I have a 4v.
See that's it I have no clue I just want 380-390 rwhp. What would I need as far as pulley, injectors, and fuel pump? Perhaps a boost a pump too?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You will also need the wiring harness adapters for those injectors.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will also need the wiring harness adapters for those injectors.
Yeah those plug and play plastic looking adapters I saw them on AM. What fuel pump is the best I see people say like walbro or something like that or would the svt focus the best bet. Sorry for tons of questions I just know there's plenty of people who run centris on this site and want to get it done right the first time around. I have about 15 hundred dollars left for my centri budget after the head units subtracted

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
SVT Focus pumps have a hit and miss record. I'm running one without a BAP without any problems but others have had to put a Boost-a-Pump wiring harness on theirs. If I had it to do all over again I'd buy the Kurgan 340 lph pump and never have to worry about it again. It wasn't available when I was putting in my supercharge or else I'd be running it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts