Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY MM! So I have a 01 GT and just bought a 03 termi style bumper with fogs and all that comes with mounting fogs. Two questions that I'm not getting crystal clear feedback on.

1. What, if any, modifications are required to make the bumper fit or are they typically just bolt on and line up?

2. Will my chin spoiler from my current bumper,the stock GT, fit on the termi bumper or is there another one specifically for it?

Thanks for the help!
Matt

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have heard of people having issues with the stock hood lining up right but never heard a definitive answer on it.......and your lip should fit but FYI termi lips are much skinnier so if your wanting to imitate a termi you might have to modify it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey congrats on the bumper. It should bolt right up, one Little thing you have to adjust is the two horns so the hood can shut nicely. Just push them up lightly and drill a new whole.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
1. Yep, sometimes there is a hood and bumper gap.
2. The termi has a special chin spoiler but that runs for $300. You can put a mach chin on it but to me, it looks off. Putting the Mach chin on will also really ruin any ground clearance you have up front.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
1. Yep, sometimes there is a hood and bumper gap.
2. The termi has a special chin spoiler but that runs for $300. You can put a mach chin on it but to me, it looks off. Putting the Mach chin on will also really ruin any ground clearance you have up front.
theres no issue with having a gap, its the opposite. the pillars are taller and the hood wont shut properly. if you have a cobra hood with a gt bumper you will have a gap. the 03/04 cobra hoods front edge sits higher do to the taller pillars.

OP, there is a cobra chin spoiler for that bumper. you can fit your mach 1 lip on it but it will look bad IMO.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theres no issue with having a gap, its the opposite. the pillars are taller and the hood wont shut properly. if you have a cobra hood with a gt bumper you will have a gap. the 03/04 cobra hoods front edge sits higher do to the taller pillars.

OP, there is a cobra chin spoiler for that bumper. you can fit your mach 1 lip on it but it will look bad IMO.

Ok coolio..lol if it looks bad then I'll just sell the whole gt bumper and lip I have to recoup some funds..should be a quick flip locally..is the lip really $300? That's more then I paid for the bumper, fogs and shipping?! :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

In the picture, you see the black push button that are on the horns. In the close up picture you can see a black piece of plastic behind those horns. The push pin goes through the horn and then through that black plastic to secure it to the car. What you need to do is drill another hole in the black plastic about 1/2inch to an inch closer to the rear of the car so that the horns are more diagonal. This causes them to lay lower down , solving your problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

In the picture, you see the black push button that are on the horns. In the close up picture you can see a black piece of plastic behind those horns. The push pin goes through the horn and then through that black plastic to secure it to the car. What you need to do is drill another hole in the black plastic about 1/2inch to an inch closer to the rear of the car so that the horns are more diagonal. This causes them to lay lower down , solving your problem.

Perfect thanks for the help!

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
only thing I had to do when I ordered my Termi bumper was barrow a rivet gun to put the new rivits in the termi branckets.. other than that took about 10 mins to install

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
only thing I had to do when I ordered my Termi bumper was barrow a rivet gun to put the new rivits in the termi branckets.. other than that took about 10 mins to install
im sorry but it does not take ten minutes to install a bumper on these cars

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
$300 chin spoiler? What a ****ing joke

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea it don't take long at all. Get the car up on ramps, 2 12mm (I believe) nuts on each side, disconnect fog light harness, and pull that bitch out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts