Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
to each there own.

looks like a $40 door stop to me. :p

its a bit different when you work at a machine shop though.

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update: Not much to update. Hasn't changed much since it's been cleaned. It's going to get rough bored so I can get an idea if it'll end up at .030 or .040. Customer motors keep pushing that back, one of these days I'll get it done. I don't even have a car to put it in yet. If I finish hone it now, then I have to make sure I keep up with oiling the cylinders to prevent rusting. Also going to align hone it. I didn't check the housing bores before I got it cleaned, they might be in great shape, size-wise, but I'd like to keep the main oil clearances a little on the tight side.

Plans so far are Eagle rods and Probe pistons. Haven't even started looking at heads or a cam yet. I've got pleeeeeeeeeeeeenty of time :/ We've actually got a pair of assembled AFR heads we did some repair work to some time ago that the customer hasn't paid for yet, and even offered to sell them to me a while ago. So we'll see.

Also, just a general FYI: the process used to clean the block only works for cast iron, not aluminum. It would completely demolish aluminum.

21 - 40 of 165 Posts