Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Small(!) update:

I had paranoid delusions about my block and figured I had better pressure test it before bothering to surface, hone and align hone it. Turns out my fear of crack was unfounded. The deck surface is still pretty rough, but it held 30 psi on the driver side and 40 on the passenger side. So...hooray there. Next step is to order studs and cut the caps for align honing.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I love the car. Any under hood pics ?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
At one time i wanted those same color stripes. That thing is super clean

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Small(!) update:

I had paranoid delusions about my block and figured I had better pressure test it before bothering to surface, hone and align hone it. Turns out my fear of crack was unfounded. The deck surface is still pretty rough, but it held 30 psi on the driver side and 40 on the passenger side. So...hooray there. Next step is to order studs and cut the caps for align honing.

you sir rock! i love this thread!

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
dank yew

The paint job is only a year or two old, I lucked out there. Needs some small work to be sure. There supposedly is a voltage drain from somewhere that'll need to be addressed, had to get a new battery already (old one failed testing). Needs new headlights for sure, those leak, I can see condensation on the inside of the lens. New shocks on the hatch, yadda yadda. Normal stuff for a 24 year old car.

Attachments

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
check the grounds on the battery.

was thinking this was a dreamer build when this thread first started, but looks like it's actually going somewhere.

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No new updates, I'm afraid. I realized I needed to spend money on all the supporting stuff (rear axle, suspension, trans) before I blow it all on the motor. So for now, it sits in a bath of LPS 2, eagerly awaiting the day it gets honed and align honed. Doesn't help that I just had to "donate" a shitton of money to the IRS :facepalm:

I'll probably do bits and pieces here and there, but I will definitely keep you folks updated. Sorry for the huge blast with nothing to show for it yet :D

Your signature just made bust up laughing. I have to remember that one
me too :lmao

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
You will have a nice ride when its done! So what are you stroking it out to? Or did i miss something
You didn't miss anything, I forgot to say! I've got a 4" stroke Eagle crank I picked up cheap. At the end of all this should be a 408. Probably going to be Eagle rods with some Mahle pistons. Heads are unknown at this time. It's going to be a mild N/A build, so I don't have to go too crazy up top. The EFI system, whatever I end up going with, will probably take up most of the fundage.

I'd really like to build something that will allow me to keep the stock hood. So we'll see what happens with that.

I just paid my taxes today too.. waited till the last damn minute just for spite.
I waited til the last minute because I'm lazy :D

41 - 60 of 165 Posts