Modded Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
your 302's the same way. one of the main differences between the 302 and 351 is the deck height. im not sure on everything else. 302 and 351 heads are interchangeable.
Correct, and the difference is 8.2 to 9.5" along with the windsor having a 3" main journal diameter compared to the 302's 2.248. The beefiness of the blocks in the main bearing area is the reason a windsor will handle the power a 302 block won't.

·
My stick is bigger
46 Posts
Interesting. That's why I wanted to go with a flex hone instead of a rigid hone, to keep the sizes from opening up too much. The tumble blasting can do some work to the machined surfaces of a block, which is why I was going to hone them at all. I'll have to find a lifter and try them out, see how they feel. I'm planning on a hydraulic roller setup, so there's that.

I'm always interested in learning new stuff :)
If the lifter bores are not straight, ovaled or too big for a good fit - open them up to a Mopar size. It's done all the time when the rules guys miss that tidbit....

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
If the lifter bores are not straight, ovaled or too big for a good fit - open them up to a Mopar size. It's done all the time when the rules guys miss that tidbit....
Good point. Doubt he's worrying about rules tho.

·
My stick is bigger
46 Posts
Rules need not apply, indeed. I think he just means to say it's been done and it's a reliable workaround to jacked up lifter bores.

Given the trouble that our SBC guy had, and the trouble that 82gt had, with their Comp lifters, I think I may order a set of Iskys.
Just open the wallet and buy Morels. Otherwise you may end up with Chicom parts.

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Please tell us the final paint on the engine will be Ford dark blue or something good looking. I sooo hate black painted engines. I do love your build though. Keep it coming.

Jerry

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Please tell us the final paint on the engine will be Ford dark blue or something good looking. I sooo hate black painted engines. I do love your build though. Keep it coming.

Jerry
:evilstare: whats wrong with black?

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Damnit, I was hoping everybody had forgotten about this, I was getting ready to buy suspension parts for that winter project :D

I got some ideas as to the color scheme the motor will eventually be ;)

Keep in mind, you don't see much of the block when it's in the car. Everything else, though, is right out front.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Probably these. Probably get some Manley valves. Springs, I'll see what the cam guy says.

As to the color scheme, you'll just have to wait :D
How do those heads compete with trickflow?

101 - 120 of 165 Posts