Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Remember that one time Willy found a boat anchor, turned it into a beautiful engine and then left us all hanging?

Yeah, me too.

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I have my own unique brand of trolling :D

Still slowly picking away at the suspension junk. I'm probably going to upgrade to a 4340 crank on the off-chance I want to throw a little N20 at it.

I will say, though, I've been thinking about building a 331 so I don't have to worry about hood clearance. But then I'd want to get an aftermarket block. Or maybe a Boss block.

Decisions, decisions...

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Current plans. This can and probably will change, but this is what's currently on the spreadsheet. Feel free if you think something is weird, V8's are not my forte.

I'm not locked in to a particular brand. That Eagle stuff could just as easily be Scat. Or K1. Or Compstar. Same with the pistons, though I'm mostly looking at skirt design when it comes to the pistons.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Also, for instance, the 11R heads are almost $400 more. Each. So not worth it.
I see $1600 for the 190's ready to go, and 1225 for the Edelbrocks bare. I bet out the door the Edelbrocks cost more. Not that the Vic Jr's are bad heads, but they won't be cheaper.

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I see $1600 for the 190's ready to go, and 1225 for the Edelbrocks bare. I bet out the door the Edelbrocks cost more. Not that the Vic Jr's are bad heads, but they won't be cheaper.
I can get Edelbrock through my distributor, so I'm not paying whatever pricing is on Summit or Jegs.

On a 408, I'd probably want to get the 205's. Here they are on Summit for $1,000 each, when I can get a bare Edelbrock for literally almost half that, and put in springs and valves of my choosing.

I'm sure the 11r is a nice head, but for what I'm doing, which is basically a hot street car with some open track road racing thrown in...just not worth it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Makes since for you if you can get a deal on them. I was trying to compare a similar head to what you were linking. The 190's and the vic jr have the same size valves and from what I could find should flow pretty similar. IMO they're both a little small for a 408.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts