Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just thought i should introduce myself and my car. My name is Josh, I live in Rockwall, Tx and I have a '66 coupe. I've had it since I was 15 and I am now starting to work on her again after a couple of years away from away from the wrenches. It has disc brakes, a 9 inch rear with 3.73 possi, and an AOD tranny that is going to be replaced with a T-5 some time in the near future. Unfortunatly, I don't know all of the motor specs because when my dad got me the car he did bother getting all of the specs. But what I do know is that it has a small bore, a mild crane cam, MSD distributor and ignition box, aluminum heads, hydraulic Trick Flow rockers, long tube hooker headers, 4 barrel Holley, and an Edlebrock RPM manifold.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You don't normally run it with the valve covers and the air cleaner off of it, do you? :tomato

Nice car man, I bet its real fun on the street.

·
mustangoholic
356 Posts
welcome to the forum, nice stang :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'm really diggin the forum. It seems to be just a wealth of information with out all of the immaturity and calling out you get with some other forums. Super excited to see what I can learn here.

You don't normally run it with the valve covers and the air cleaner off of it, do you? :tomato

Nice car man, I bet its real fun on the street.
All of those extra parts just weight it down don't you think? :D

No, I actually just put on some new valve cover a couple of days ago. So much better looking than the doodoo ones I had before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good to see another Classic Texas Stang! Lemme know if you need any rare used parts, I have a classic mustang shop about 3 miles away.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey! You all settle down. Don't make come down south and make you behave yourselves. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
The one right by me doesn't have a name. Its owned by Mike Jenniges. There's another place on hwy 281 near Johnson City called Mustang Mania, and then Mustang One is by Tulsa. I get my parts within 2-3 days from them and Mike will usually trade me parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one right by me doesn't have a name. Its owned by Mike Jenniges. There's another place on hwy 281 near Johnson City called Mustang Mania, and then Mustang One is by Tulsa. I get my parts within 2-3 days from them and Mike will usually trade me parts.
Good to know, thanks.

Hey you guys know why it's so windy in Oklahoma, right?
No, I just know it keeps Texas from going into the ocean.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts