Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just clay barred her today. Would you guys recommend that i wax it as soon as possible, or would that be a bad idea? Any other suggestions/anything are welcome :tomato

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the help

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the double post, I get a message saying i can't edit after 15 minutes.

Got another question - would now be a good time to put my stickers on, before the wax, to ensure that they stay? I bought the 5.4L v8 and some bumper insert graphics.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, my bad. I wasn't thinking :dunno

·
Registered
208 Posts
if u drive it between claying & waxing u pretty much defeated the whole purpose of claying it & might as well start over

but polish it before u wax it. polishing will fill in the micro scratches in the clear coat & waxing will protect it

·
Registered
799 Posts
+1

make sure the surface is very clean before you seal it with ether wax, or some kind of sealant. i recommend ZAINO Z2 as a sealant. also if you can, get her buffed and polished then seal it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should i use some kind of sealant before i wax, but after the clay bar? Or only a sealant, no wax?

·
Registered
208 Posts
1. clay bar
2. polish
3. wax

the wax is the sealant per se
the wax is meant to protect the clear coat on the paint & the polish & should be applied about every 3 months (depending on how often you drive, wear you park, wear you drive & how often you wash it)
if you want a truer sealant, i would go with Rejex instead of a traditional wax. Rejex lasts close to 6 months

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks a lot man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts