Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well so now my car is surging around at idle, its got no power unload in both 1st and 2nd..wont spin tire..bumped clutch at 3500rpm's and bogged out in 1st...and sputters taking off normal..its revs alot slower, now wont rev over 5k rpms.

wow am i super disappointed and extremely mad right now..its running like 5 times worse than before i changed the plugs, wires, coils, iac and tps.

i added it to the pcv valve, crankcase and fuel tank..if i could go back..i wouldnt have done this!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Weird.

I seafoam the Cobra on a regular basis, and I've never had any issue whatsoever. I've seafoamed every vehicle I've owned in the past 5 years, and never had an issue.

How did you do it when you added it at the PCV?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, never had a problem with mine and have been using it for a good amount of time now. Also, arent you supposed to change the oil shortly after adding it to the oil? I cant remember.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
yeah, never had a problem with mine and have been using it for a good amount of time now. Also, arent you supposed to change the oil shortly after adding it to the oil? I cant remember.
Yes you are, but I can't see that causing the described issues.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have seafoam my car probably 5-6 times and everytime it helped. What exactly did you do and how much did u use?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Yes you are, but I can't see that causing the described issues.
thats what I thought. i wasnt saying that it was the cause just trying to remember;)

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Yeah, when I use it, I only do the PVC thing. There's better fuel injector cleaner out there, and I don't really see the need to run it through my crankcase when I'm running good synthetic oil.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright well yeah now i just changed the oil like 2 weeks ago (royal purple 10w30)...but i took the elbow off of of the pcv and turned it upwards..prior to this i took 3 cups and poored out 3 close to exact amount in each cup. poored one cup into that elbow i described before, the idle went up quite a bit while it sucked it in. then put pcv hoses back together yes very snug and not torn or cracked went back just a few minutes ago and double checked. shut car off..poured the two other 1/3's into there respected places (oil fil and fuel filler!) then waited 5 minutes...started the car up and immediately noticed a difference in the sounds..sounded less healthy and weak revs..like i said it took like 3-4 seconds to climb to 5k rpms holding the throttle. comes back to idle a little faster than before..but then after about 15 minutes when the smoke was gone..i shut it off..and 5 minutes later took it for a ride. notest very decreased acceleration. and kinda of sputtering when taking off...then i took it somewhere "safe"...dropped the clutch at say 3500-4000k rpms and it spun very breifly and bogged out very bad, took about 4 seconds to hit 2nd at about 30mph..then same with 2nd took another 3-4 to hit 50mph going into 3rd then i felt 3rd had a little of the same power as before...

but this was about 25-30 minutes ago..i just checked it when i got back from a call..and its revving faster...hit about 5,200rpms this time..but yet to take back out for test ride!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just to put into my clutch drop..before with same mods..with stock gears i could spin 1st all day long, small chirp into 2nd, then spin a little in second...since the 4:10's its all day 1st, big chirp, all day 2nd, big chirp and a little spin in 3rd! this was pathetic and was higher than i normally drop it at!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
alright well yeah now i just changed the oil like 2 weeks ago (royal purple 10w30)...but i took the elbow off of of the pcv and turned it upwards..prior to this i took 3 cups and poored out 3 close to exact amount in each cup. poored one cup into that elbow i described before, the idle went up quite a bit while it sucked it in. then put pcv hoses back together yes very snug and not torn or cracked went back just a few minutes ago and double checked. shut car off..poured the two other 1/3's into there respected places (oil fil and fuel filler!) then waited 5 minutes...started the car up and immediately noticed a difference in the sounds..sounded less healthy and weak revs..like i said it took like 3-4 seconds to climb to 5k rpms holding the throttle. comes back to idle a little faster than before..but then after about 15 minutes when the smoke was gone..i shut it off..and 5 minutes later took it for a ride. notest very decreased acceleration. and kinda of sputtering when taking off...then i took it somewhere "safe"...dropped the clutch at say 3500-4000k rpms and it spun very breifly and bogged out very bad, took about 4 seconds to hit 2nd at about 30mph..then same with 2nd took another 3-4 to hit 50mph going into 3rd then i felt 3rd had a little of the same power as before...

but this was about 25-30 minutes ago..i just checked it when i got back from a call..and its revving faster...hit about 5,200rpms this time..but yet to take back out for test ride!
When i added seafoam to my pcv valve the idle went down. To the point where the engine was almost cutting off.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Did you reconnect all your vacum lines ? are they leaking?

Its a vacum leak for sure... Go recheck all your hoses... Start your car and start the hunt.

(my freind did this)

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
When i added seafoam to my pcv valve the idle went down. To the point where the engine was almost cutting off.
This is how it should be, I always have to have a friend hold a constant rev while I apply the seafoam.

Did you reconnect all your vacum lines ? are they leaking?

Its a vacum leak for sure... Go recheck all your hoses... Start your car and start the hunt.

(my freind did this)
This is what I am thinking. Easy way to find the leak is to get some carb cleaner, and spray it over the vacuum lines while the car is running, and when the idle drops when you spray a certain area is where your leak is at.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright well i already checked for vaccum leaks, hole bottle of carb cleaner. but im almost a 100% sure its not vaccum. my check engine light came on late last night, has never been on before, so i hooked up my dads programmer to his f250 (cant find mine lol) and came back with the following codes

p1270- engine rpm/ vehicle speed limiter reached

p0430- catalyst system efficiency threshold (bank2)

p0174- system too lean (bank2)

so from that i think i have a plugged injector now? the car has never run this bad since i got it. it now idles really rough at a cold start for close to 15 minutes..during normal driving it takes alot more rpms to get upto speed..and under acceleration it completely dies off at 4k rpms in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. it will almost not spin tire at all, with cornering, clutch drops etc etc. it has no power at all right now!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
was just looking around on google...and saw from another forum a guy saying about the p0174 dtc that could result from possible multiple spark plugs or boots loose..just went out and check all, all tight and retorqued and made 150% sure all boots were sequre! idk right now im lost..thinking injector/injectors but just read up on the p0430 code and alot was said about something to do with the cats...i just installed a pretty clean bassani catted x-pipe and replaced the o2's! checked them and they are tight and the wires are not frayed at all..im not looking to blow this motor due to it being my dd..i need help lol!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Its possible you knocked some **** loose in the fuel system and it is gummed up now. I'm not sure of a great way to test it other than a pressure test at each injector though.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats kinda what im thinking and i deffinately dont wanna ad another injector type cleaner to the tank...pressure testing yay..means its going to the dealer!

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
thats kinda what im thinking and i deffinately dont wanna ad another injector type cleaner to the tank...pressure testing yay..means its going to the dealer!
Try pulling each injector and checking them, you could have very well loosened up some gunk and clogged an injector.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts