Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I cant see the pics but if your talking about you not having the fender liners in, I would highyl suggest putting them back in unless you want the tops of your fenders to look like total ****

·
Registered
760 Posts
Why not just replace it? I'm missing my passenger side and hate it. I get leaves and rocks all in my door jam whenever the ground is wet.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I plan on lowering it like 1 1/2 inches so the fender liners wouldn't be wanted... I rub already without them... Add another 1 1/2 inch drop to the equation and it will be 3 times as bad!

Yeah, the brakes stop pretty damn good mate! I love them! Right now they have race pad, dust a **** ton, and squeal like none other... I need to get street pads! LOL!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nice set up but when it rains doesn't the engine take in water

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Nice set up but when it rains doesn't the engine take in water
no, it does open up into the engine compartment. They are mainly there to protect the electronics that are in the inner fenders, protect the door jams and protect the under side of the fenders from getting pelted with rocks which will cause the top of the fender to look like it has a ton of bumps in it

·
Registered
890 Posts
^^^^^ I was talking about the CAI. I know about the electonics but i was refering to the inhale of water through the intake

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I want those brakes, to bad they are so expensive.....good job man....I would put it back on but if you end up keeping it off id paint it black for sure

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This car will probably permanently be mine! Thank... They came with the car... I wish I could take credit for them...

As for the CAI, I have a MM strut tower brace so I don't think a fender CAI would work too well. It wouldn't even be worth switching my K&N for a CAI... Pointless...

Well I didn't know rocks could damage the top of the fenders. I'll look into getting some liners I guess... But if I dropped it another 1 1/2 inches wouldn't rubbing be an issue?

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
No if you have properly backspaced rims and proper tire size you wont rub unless you plan on baggin it and sitting the body on the ground. Other than that people with tubular ks and lowering springs slammed to the ground dont rub.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check out BazNastyDave's profile, his 'stang has a nice slammed stance but is still functional.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
If I were you, I would definitely replace them...but if you're not going to, yes...paint.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No if you have properly backspaced rims and proper tire size you wont rub unless you plan on baggin it and sitting the body on the ground. Other than that people with tubular ks and lowering springs slammed to the ground dont rub.
I have them both... So with FR500's and different rotors, I should be perfect!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts