Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got my car back together from fraging my rear end last year going to the track for the first time this year what do you think i will run in the 1/8

was running 8.74: 1.9 60ft with s*** 17 inch nitto's (didnt hook well at all)

now i have new 31 mosers, new ford racing diff, 235/60/15 M/T street radials, new stock front springs with 1 coil cut (it looks bad ass ) had lowering springs, one was broke at that. and removed front sway, took about 121 lbs out of the car. any guesses

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep us posted man, good luck!
Not good my first run was a 9.6 my best was 8.9 no traction still what happened tried launching at diff Rpms it was a rough nite I hope it was the track going back tomorrow

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
a 235 tire with a stick & 4.10's, good luck.

should have went bigger on the tire.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a 235 tire with a stick & 4.10's, good luck.

should have went bigger on the tire.
I ran a 8.71 today with a 1.82 60ft. So I'm pleased not my goal but getting there I'm still spinning think your right caspergt should of went with a bigger tire. I droped my pressure to 12.5 that seemed to help

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
You definitely need some more tire. 235s are massive for my Focus however. lol With a good, wide tire, you should be able to get a 8.5 or better. What is your trap speed?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You definitely need some more tire. 235s are massive for my Focus however. lol With a good, wide tire, you should be able to get a 8.5 or better. What is your trap speed?
yea i almost went with a bigger tire but then talked myself out of it cause i didnt want to bog down all the time so i went with these. plus i really did not know what i could fit under there without having issues just one of those newbie mistakes:confused: i have my times at home but im thinking i was running 79.50 to 80.00 mph my dad runs a horrible 60ft of 2.3 with an et of 8.66 i am alot faster for the first 330ft and then he catches me just at the end of the 1/8 hes traping like 83.00

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will look in to those Gota love AM they are carrying just about everything now days. I've got to order parts for the wifes car first she thinks needs a faster car lol my be I could let her use my old MTs and I could get meva bigger tire What mods u got

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lol Yeah man, I focusing on the looks now lol.

edit- Also look into lower control arms.

My buddy only has a CAI, O/R x, 3.73's, short shifter, LCA's, and he's running 13.70's on street tires and cutting 2.0 60's.
Ordering control arms tomorrow should I get uppers also or will lca's do the trick. I think I will go with non adjustable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts