Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my old 03GT is gone. I just got a new 2013 GT. I would like to know what shifters y'all are using?

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Hurst billet plus 2 shifter. Having a black ball with pearl gray super snake stripe made for it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is only one choice for shifters and the new stangs as far as I'm concerned. MGW
I will not waste money on anything else.

Congrats on the new toy! :)

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I've got a Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter and a Steeda Billet Shifter Bracket and they're two of my favorite mods so far. Only missed a shift once in the entire year that I've had them in my car. I also put on a Steeda gloss black shift ball which looks awesome. :)

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
MGW is what's going in mine, no second thoughts about it. I've driven a couple with the MGW and my mind was made up instantly.

As said before, if not that, then atleast upgrade the shifter bracket.

·
Registered
832 Posts
is the mgw still on back order? Recently I had a discussion with a mechanic about shifters and he said its not the short shifte that helps you shift faster necessarily but solid bushing over oem rubber bushing...

Stock shifters are short to begin with so just replacing the bushings would make a difference...?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
As i have said before, with nothing more than a Double post bracket, i haven't missed a shift yet, up or down.

·
Registered
198 Posts
is the mgw still on back order? Recently I had a discussion with a mechanic about shifters and he said its not the short shifte that helps you shift faster necessarily but solid bushing over oem rubber bushing...

Stock shifters are short to begin with so just replacing the bushings would make a difference...?
Read up on their site. Apparently they came up with a gimbal setup that shortens front-to-back throws but not the already-tight side-to-side. Having driven a car with one in it, I can say it works. I won't argue that replacing that big, sloppy bushing is a major part of the help. Really, Ford? Zipties? :facepalm:

I also think they just run batches when enough orders are logged, so it can take a while to get. That is partly from reading older posts around & reading between the lines on their site.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
MGM Cue ball white.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts