Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I got in a wreck on the first, spun out in some ice and ripped the ass outa my car. literally. thirdmember, axles, suspension the works in the rear, and in the front I hit the drivers wheel on a rock the size of fat alberts momma and actually shifted the motor back about an inch.

Well I just picked her up from the shop today and it looks geat,a dn drives just fine. mostly.

When i went to get her, I had to wait for the shop parts guy to get back with a new battery. for some reason it wasnt charging. they looked at the little Maintenance eye and said my battery was fubar'd. Ok, fine. They put in a new one. started up fine, ran fine.

for the first 50 miles... Coming home fro McDonalds with my two kids in the car lights on, radio playig, sputter sputter, guages go all whackey, sputter DIE! crap, I coast to the shoulder... that is when I notice that my batt guage is reading NOTHING!! Needle is all the way down below 0! Huh, guess it wasnt just the battery huh?

So I let it sit a bit and then try to start it with NO lights radio, nothing just motor. starts up, batt is reading a bit low, but not bad so I run pell mell for home. bat meter is reading just a touch below half on the guage. not sure of the voltage, just know it normally reads higher than that...

So I try to call the shop, oops, they are closed, adn of course the voice mail is FULL so I cant leave a message... the last thing the guy said to me is rapidly starting to haunt me now... "well I think it is the battery, but if it isnt well, I guess you wont find out for a while.. if it gives you any problems, give me a call."

So I get home and decide to pull the alt out to get it tested. as I start to unhoook it I find that the plug that goes to the regulator IS NOT PLUGGED IN!! No wonder it wasnt charging for them! So I get it out and test it, it is only putting out 10-11 volts... Hmmm.... im glad my computer diddnt fry! So now I just hope the shop is open tomorrow, adn that they have a good answer and solution for this... ARGH!!! I have to leave tomorrow for work at 3:00pm. I hope to get SOME sleep prior to that. ( I work 6:00pm to 6:00am so normally I sleep during the day...) If not my nice shiny newly fixed car is going to sit here, while I drive my father in laws '89 v-Sux Camaro. I hate my life..... :)

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
It'll get better.... They prolly just forgot to plug something else in. Sometimes it can be a PITA to make sure you get the car completely back to normal after doing that amount of work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts