Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came by way of fedex today... didnt get to look it over that great but pretty sure everything is there. i know i need fuel injectors,fuel pump,and spark plugs. it came with a 3.6 pulley on there. could someone tell me what size i should use? it is also intercooled. and any info on the install would be great thank you and will get pics up asap busy with work and school or on additional parts i need thank you.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
cost will vary from shop to shop city to city anywhere from $700 up to $2000. $2000 sounds extreme but two shops in Austin quted me $2000. It will vary you just have to shop around I paid well under $1000.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Stop being a pussy and install it yourself. :D

I would run a 4" pulley on there. 3.6 is provably to small with a d1 and stock motor.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
for sure install it your self, its not complicated at all

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I'd put it on for you if you were closer for cheap. Its not to hard

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im planning on doing it myself me and a friend are going to try it if it doesnt work out well i guess ill try and get someone on the local forum to see if they could help out. also can i use the stock maf?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u can with a mafia...but IMO i'd get a VMP slot style MAF and relocate it in then engine bay..but thats me

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
also get t-bolt clamps! siliconeintakes.com or siliconeintakesonline.com idr what it is has them for 2.60 a piece!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a bunch of t bolt clamps ... The only things I need to start the install are injectors fuel pump spark plugs 4.00 pulley and a new maf

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
look on svtp.com for that stuff..tons of it and Lethal Performance.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Iv been running 42lb injectors, focus pump and lightning maf with my Procharger for years with good results.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
with a BAP?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Nope..

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
damn...what is your AFR?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Ehh looking at the graph Id say 11.6-11.8 depending on where you are in the rpm range

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not shabby at all...thats good for a single 255 pump with no BAP.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i know..i am trying to figure how les air lets a fuel pump go farther. Also those numbers at 10psi are decent too..I would think you would need a spin the blower harder up there to have the same CFM's at the same psi here.

What pulley are you running?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
+1 altitude plays a factor im sure. But im running a 3.2 pulley to hit 9-10psi up here. Also running a pretty opened up intake/exhaust combo for these #s

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ok..I ran a 3.4pulley and made 10psi and 11psi on cool night at 550ft. I know altitude plays a role no doubt. I am suprised your not at a 3.0 pulley with the intake/exhuast/ and that much above sea level. But the fuel pump is crazy...are the numbers SAE corrected?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts