Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my gears any hints or tips to help me put them in?
or should I just take it some were?
it a 2002 mustang gt. and 3.73 gears

·
Registered
806 Posts
gears are not something you play around with. if you don't know what your doing take it to a shop

·
Registered
922 Posts
should have got a real gear :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Umm, yeah take it to a shop. I've seen them done before and helped do mine. It's not something you really want to undertake unless your experienced with it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my friend is going to help me if i dont take it somewhere. he has done 3 or 4 sets of gears himself.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
just take it shop man. but if you live in CO dont go to DLStangs. just a little FYI.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the gears are made by motive

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you're mechanically inclined, you can install the gears yourself. I'm not quite sure why there is this mystic about gear installations being too difficult for the average guy to install. Is it because it requires more than unbolting and bolting on a new part? Not a good reason. There are many writeups on the net with pics that take you step by step thru the installation process. I would rather spend the money on the tools to do the job (less than the labor you'd pay someone to install them) and be armed with the knowledge to install the next set. So, are we lazy or just stupid?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts