Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade. YOU 5.0 guys out there what have you done ? i want to make this bitch roar rather than moan. she got 34k org miles on her. been in storage all her 15 years of her life. not a scratch on her. IM LOOKING FOR TORQUE + HP. Not into superchargers what so ever. budget is 2 grand (spent 8 oh her) E303 cams is on my mind... flowmaster 40s, CAI, intake manifold.... ANY SUGGESTIONS ? thanks guys

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
put it in a bubble and dont mod it. buy a 3k fox for that

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
if its all original with only 34,000 miles maybe you should consider leaving it alone

But if your dead set on modding it, i wouldn't go with any of the letter cams, Ive heard they suck

Post picture of every thing, body, engine bay, and interior

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeah i wouldnt want to touch it either lol. post some pics i want to see what my mustang looked like when it was mint many years ago haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a few toys working on doing a 65 and 66. i got this from a guy who WON the car in 93 drove it around for a while then parked it is his barn. when i stumbled across her the outside had a BEDSHEET OVER IT, under neith little dirt, interior FLAWLESS. i will post pictures in the morning. I dont want to go all out by any means want to make her ROAR ! louder lol. dont got no buddies who got foxes i was thinking offroad H-pipe, mac or hooker longtubes flowmaster 40s possibly a cam *any sugestions for a good street cam with a good rumble idle and spits out music to bystanders ears

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just out of curiosity how do you know its 34k and not 134k?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vin numbers match up from the org title transfer in 93 and most current insurence that was on the car dates back to 96 which it has been parked since then started up and ran round block few times a year, guy had no one to give it to was busy as he states only reason now he got rid of it cause they are moving and figured he could make some money on it. no way in hell the guy put 134 thousand miles on it, well maby if he was running away from his wife. im pretty sure its org miles guy was honest older gentleman.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
my title said 55k miles. said orignal miles and all that.

reality is the car had 155k at the time. Don't believe everything you read. DMV messes up all the time.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Carfax? If you already bought it then no point really tho
never did a carfax. didn't really give a crap.

at the time I didn't know anything really about foxbodies. Now-a-days I would have been able to tell it wasn't that low of miles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
never did a carfax. didn't really give a crap.

at the time I didn't know anything really about foxbodies. Now-a-days I would have been able to tell it wasn't that low of miles.
I did all the research on mine and it was 67k original. I was planning on keeping it all original but convinced myself that was a waste of time. It was a really good car but not near mint and I decided that it was not likely that these cars would ever really be worth allot. They just made them for too long and made so many of them.....Really I got sick of the stock power. These cars were king of the road in their day but today would get worked by a modern v6 in stock trim. I wanted to make the car the modern equivalent of what I remember mine being back in the day.....it has turned out to be a more expensive trip than I expected but no regrets.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Weather stripping is gone on the doors, clear coats going, and some how there is paint over the 5.0 badges... that car has been painted if I were to gues, not to mention it does not have og 34,000. Def didn't sit in storage and you paid WAYYYY TO MUCH for that car. Around here you could get a car in that shape for 3900.

Being an aod gt if you do a cold air kit and an ecam and flows it will run 14's.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I'm not being a hater but I'm throwing up the BS flag as well. The video is not the greatest quality but there is some obvious things that show weather. The right tail light is a faded color compared to the body, the CC is peeling (which may happen even in a barn?), the door sill paint is falling off, the head lights are faded and I can't pinpoint it but the gray on the bottom looks a little odd but that is probably just the camera. I have a 1991 that I bought brand new that has been sitting outside in the weather or occasionally covered with a cheap cover and a some of the years were in hot year long sun of Hawaii. It has been suffering the same exact type of wear in the same places. I've seen quite a few "unrestored garaged low mile fox bodies" and none of them had any of the wear signs yours does. Some positives. The outside door locks are the right color (anodized black) with chrome center and the quarter windows molding are in good shape. On a typical paint job, those are usually sanded over and touched up after the fact but it stands out, yours look untouched.

Bottom line...I'm not saying it is not a good solid ride but it is not a typical garaged specimen and should not have been priced like one.

Look for the vin stickers on both fenders and on the body under the hatch and at least make sure those match along with the date code on the back of the rims. It doesn't prove the mileage but at least it can give you some piece of mind. Another thing is check the date code on the tires, if it wasn't driven since 96, they should have a date code from that time frame.

All of this is based on an iPhone video which is not a substitute for a personal look so I could be WAY off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts