Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just opened up my sniper special forces tuner, i've read the threads about it and the step by step thread too. and i'm going to read it 10 more times before i try it....lol

couple questions...

the weekend of the 12th i'm getting my mac l/t's, bbk o/r X, and violators put on, as well as my steeda under drive pulleys, a upr CAI, and an SCT MAF. + royal purple oil. :)

i wanna tune my car right now!!! myself!!! so i know how... ya know

but i have a few dilemmas....

i wanna run 93 octane. but not every petrol in MN has 93 which is stupid.

what should i run!!?!??1? and will the difference between 91 and 93 be that different?

also, i plan on purchasing a custom tune, for all my mods i'm installing next weekend. do i need to create a file on sniper and tune my car before i get a custom tune written? or how does this work? should i just wait till i get all my parts on before i tune her?

thanks a bunch for all your help everyone. it beats the heck outta trying to talk to all the shops around here that think a 16 year old is just a broke POS.... :D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i would pm one of the sniper reps on here. That way you know your getting the right answer.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that would prolly be a good idea lol

but if anyone else has any input... i'm listenening

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have my car tuned and i dont dare put in lesser octaine gas due just because i dont want to test to see if i can get away with it. Looks like if you want the higher octaine tune your going to have to be carefull where you stop. If it comes down to it i would put in like 5$ of 87 just to get me to a station with what i need.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even if your car is tuned for 93? or even 92.... kuz if you put in a lower octane then dont you risk detonation?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
ya the risk of detonation is why i only put in 93. But like i said if your about to run out of gas than i would put in a couple bucks. Or maybe ask the tuner guys if maybe some octane booster can keep your car safe if you can fill up with anythign less than your tune. might be able to get away with that??

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats a great idea, like....

if i fill up with 93, which is right next to my house, and i'm about to run out of gas then i just whip out a bottle of emergency octane booster, fill up with a little 92 or 87 or whatever, and poor some OB in!

so basically always keep some octane booster with me. lol, would this be safe to do? if i absolutely have to

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah good point. im gonna scope out the octanes all around here just to be safe. i usually always see 92.... but no matter what i see 91.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If you have to run lesser grade fuel that you are tuned for just avoid WOT or any amount of throttle that causes it to ping--take it easy until you get some good stuff back in there and you won't hurt anything...

BTW, Tmac3320--I've been using the Sniper Special Forces for about a year, give me a yell if you have any questions. Here's a link to a tune documentation program I wrote for the Ford-Gas SF editor...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts