Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i get up this morning and . i start my car and everything in my dash goes hay wire. my fuel gauge goes down to e my sensors are all reading off i.e brakes tire pressure and fuel and ect. my radio wont turn on and my tracton control wont turn o neither. ontop of that i couldnt get it out of park. i have an 07 auto gt and this is the first time this has happen. could it be the battery. i went to work got a ride from my parents and got back home and it started up like normal again. any input would be aprreciated

·
Registered
431 Posts
Umm, how friggin cold was it this morning? Had the car warmed up before you tried getting it out of park? I know that the parking brake cable seizes up this time of year for me. Maybe you've noticed that? I had a 2002 z71 that the guage cluster would act retarded if it had been sitting in extreme cold for too long. I'd be driving around for at least 10 mins before everything registered correctly.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Umm, how friggin cold was it this morning? Had the car warmed up before you tried getting it out of park? I know that the parking brake cable seizes up this time of year for me. Maybe you've noticed that? I had a 2002 z71 that the guage cluster would act retarded if it had been sitting in extreme cold for too long. I'd be driving around for at least 10 mins before everything registered correctly.
Getting an auto out of park is electrical, nothing to do with the parking brake, and was probably messed up like the rest of your ****. Why that happened, and why now, everything is OK, not a clue. I might chalk it up to gremlins. The more electrical and computer **** they put in these cars seem to cause more complex mysteries. In the good old days, when something went wrong, it could only be a few things that could cause it. Nowdays when your alternator is going out you get a CEL for cam position sensor: WTF, over.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you must not have been holding your tongue in the correct position while turning the key... the tongue position sensor is very sensitive at this time of year..

Not a clue what happened to ya dude.. but it sounds like something that would happen to me... if no tsb's on "electrical freak out" then you might call the stealer and see if they know anything... good luck!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Check and make sure your battery cables are connected tight. These cars won't shift out of park unless the battery has power. Sounds like a loose connection. Hopefully just a loose cable. If it's anything more than that you may want the dealer to run it down (if they're competent and you're still under warranty).

·
Registered
978 Posts
you must not have been holding your tongue in the correct position while turning the key... the tongue position sensor is very sensitive at this time of year..

this had me laughing my ass off!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
water on the ECU/PCM, whichever is behind the passenger kick panel? I know that causes strange issues.

·
Registered
431 Posts
see, grey understood me....if its too cold, you can't hold your tongue in the proper poistion, leading to an electrical disruption. Ford has been plague with this problem for years. Something to do with import drivers being scared when they get into a real car with power...lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i tried the tongue thing and it worked. but yea it hasnt doneit since that day. i didnt kno what was wrong . imma just wait adn see if it does it again and return it back to stock becuse im still factory warrenty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.