Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just installed my spohn Lcas, and if anyone wants to know, it is MUCH harder to do than people let on.
It took me an hour just to get the arms lined up to get the bolts through.

My dad had to get 8 stitches because he was using the circular end of a wrench to go around the sway bar and pull the axle foreward to line up the holes. Pics later when I'm on my computer

Sent from Area 51

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
you didnt do it right your supposed to do one side at a time so your axle does not swing? and put the jackstands under the axle tubes

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did both of those things as per spohn's instructions

Sent from Area 51

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
...it is MUCH harder to do than people let on.
It took me an hour just to get the arms lined up to get the bolts through.

Sent from Area 51
I don't know how difficult you can make it but I guess you did a good job of it. I'm still not quite sure how you made it so tough, 4 bolts and the e-brake cable. You must give a little more detail on how it was so difficult to line up the holes.

Hope your dad is OK. That really sucks.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, he's fine. Gives a good story for later in life, lol.

Sent from Area 51

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
I installed my sphon LCAs in about 45 min.... My axle did shift, but i man ****ed that bitch with one hand back into position.... Not sure why yours gave you so much trouble.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I heard many stories when people got injured because of this

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I heard many stories when people got injured because of this
What is this referring to? Injured from what?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
i dont get whats going on here i guess i dont have to though. all i know is i did mine one side at a time with 2 jackstands under the axle and it was easier than i thought it would be the axle did not move at all? in the future use this forum and give some back as you learn new things and look over some of the writeups on here they really help out a lot.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's pictures before and after stitches:

Sent from Area 51

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dad had to get 8 stitches because he was using the circular end of a wrench to go around the sway bar and pull the axle foreward to line up the holes. Pics later when I'm on my computer

this just adds character and gives you a story to tell about your car...Haha

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
wholly crap... all in the name of traction... better let him do the first launch at least

·
Registered
310 Posts
^ yea most definitely... thats rowdy plus **** getting hit on the nose is ****ing sensitive..

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, he got to drive it first. He also said that "it didn't hurt, but it bled like a stuck pig". Here's a pic of the blood on the driveway

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Holy ****!! Speedy recovery to your dad. That is freaking epic.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I guess I'm still not sure how he got his nose by using a wrench. Please enlighten me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts