Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some 6000k HID's a few days ago. They arrived today and I installed them tonight. Needless to say, they are friggin awesome. The blue tint accompanied by the brighter light. It makes driving at night so much more enjoyable. Here's just a few pics i took.

·
Registered
498 Posts
looks good wat temp are they

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good wat temp are they

6000k. I was really torn between 6000k and 8000k. I was worried that 8000k was going to be too blue and 6000 k was going to be too white. But 6000k has enough blue for me. I'm very happy with my decision. They're bright as hell, too. I did this because my tc came with projector headlights so there isn't weird beams of light and I'm not blinding people.

·
Registered
498 Posts
cool im thinking of getting some... i was thinnking the 6000k as well.... are they legal??

·
Registered
817 Posts
very cool.....i cant wait to get HIDs!!!

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
now there are two scions?? this can't be... you guys need to fight for toyota dominance

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
LOL yes there are two scion tc's now. GreenFaleen's cool...no need to duke it out for dominance. However..he needs to make me a photoshop signature :)

NO, aftermarket HID's are NOT legal...technically. The reason being is that they are not DOT approved. BUT...if you stick to stock HID coloring like that of BMW's, Mercedes, or Infiniti AND you put them in so they don't point up to blind the people in front of you...then you will be fine. If you are worried about legality issues, don't go any higher then 6000k. I think it's the perfect tint of blue w/o being completely blue (my opinion). If you really want to play it safe...go with 5000k. It will be almost pure diamond white. 4300k is pure white.

The place I got my HID's from were $140 shipped overnight. 3B Specialties is the website. That's for single conversion kit. They include a year warranty. If I were to use my high beams right now, they would be halogen. But since my low beam HID's are 3 times brighter then that of halogen...I won't be using high beams anytime soon. I will eventually probably get the high beam xenon bulb, too.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Factory ones are legal not because of the cooler it is because they have proper lenses for the HIDs so they don’t blind people.
That being said nice work and they look good but, I hate any car and person who has them because all you are doing at night is blinding the people in the oncoming lanes.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Color has to do with it to. Have you seen some of the custom 20,000k-30,000k HID's out there? Yeah...pink and purple headlights are NOT legal in the least bit.

But you are right. In order for aftermarket HID's to be legal, you'd have to retrofit the lamp. I was fortunate to have projector headlamps off of the lot.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Factory ones are legal not because of the cooler it is because they have proper lenses for the HIDs so they don’t blind people.
That being said nice work and they look good but, I hate any car and person who has them because all you are doing at night is blinding the people in the oncoming lanes.
Don't hate EVERYONE. Mine have a "cutoff" line that is well below the rear windshield. I will not blind you unless I'm going over a speed bump in a parking lot. You hate people that just slap HID's in their regular headlamps and don't adjust the lamp/bulb

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Don't hate EVERYONE. Mine have a "cutoff" line that is well below the rear windshield. I will not blind you unless I'm going over a speed bump in a parking lot. You hate people that just slap HID's in their regular headlamps and don't adjust the lamp/bulb
i have yet to see HIDs on a non beemer, bens, ect. type of car that are not blinding to onconing cars.
however if yours don't thats great and i wish more people would do that,

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I know this is going to look blinding to you...but my friend's camera is really old...and you can tell when my car gets close the way the beam of light is shining. Check out the end of the vid...if you look to the right...yeah that's a cop coming into frame. My friend was shooting the vid out of my sun roof...and right after the vid the cop flashed the lights for a split second...then shut them off.

Video of HID driving - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My friend actually was shooting this video more for his class project then for me to show off my HID's.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
I bought some 6000k HID's a few days ago. They arrived today and I installed them tonight. Needless to say, they are friggin awesome. The blue tint accompanied by the brighter light. It makes driving at night so much more enjoyable. Here's just a few pics i took.
Where did you buy yours from?

cool im thinking of getting some... i was thinnking the 6000k as well.... are they legal??
Anything over 6000K you risk getting pulled over.

how much are HID's?
I bought a bi-xenon (still has high and low beam) kit from vvme.com for only $115 shipped. They come from China but I got them within a week. Haven't installed them yet but I talked to a few other guys on here that have them and they work well.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I don't care if you respect greenfaleen, you have to duke it out with him or else i have no respect for you

:) ... i mean :mad:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i'd like to get the 6000k also, i have ebay projectors so maybe it wont turn out to be so blinding at night to people. i also hate when people have those super bright f'n lights, when you pass them, you have to speed away because it blinds you in the mirrors lol well at least i do!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts