Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question isn't necessarily worthy of it's own thread but well, asking it would help me sleep better at night. As stated, I'm really not a fan of aftermarket gauges. I might have a modified engine but I want everything else looking absolute stock right down to the smallest detail. Now this usually wouldn't be a problem but I'm very much wanting to add a supercharger to my setup. After some research it became apparent that I have to at least have a boost and fuel pressure gauge.
Seeing that these two areas absolutely must be monitored, is there a substitute for these displays? I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a warning beep if fuel pressure falls at a certain amount of boost, and another distinguishable beep if maybe boost exceeds the set psi (has that ever happened with s/c's?)

I mean, I look at OEM supercharged cars like range rover and they all seem to have tidy, plain interiors. Does my idea sound too outlandish? Has anyone done anything similar or know where I can get warning beep speakers or something?

...I don't wanna meddle with this beautifully crafted interior :(

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i have never heard of it but from what it looks like couldnt you put some next to your shifter. it looks like a good subtle place. or in the ashtray or cup holder what ever that is you could even keep the cover to hide em and keep that factory look

·
Registered
337 Posts
if you have a cowl hood you could stick them there

there is also the glove box. then just drop it down when its time to race. though pretty far out of your line of site it would be a place.

you could also put the gauges on some sort of small rack, then have it clip onto the dashboard somewhere, but have the wire separated. so you can have these gauges in the glove box or wherever then just clip them on the dash when its time to go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Nutcase that's pretty creative. I guess what i'll do is check out the true sleeper build threads and see what other tricks they have up their sleeve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts