Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my back left drag radial sticks out of the wheel well and my right one doesnt, what can this be from? my car is lowered with panhard bar but i didnt install it, can it be that they did something wrong?

·
Registered
662 Posts
my back left drag radial sticks out of the wheel well and my right one doesnt, what can this be from? my car is lowered with panhard bar but i didnt install it, can it be that they did something wrong?
Rear axle out of center from lowering it. Easy fix, take the wheels off after you put the car on jack stand (under the axle). Take a plumb bob, tape it to the fender on each side, measure the distance to the wheel hub on both sides and ajust the panhard to center it. It will go real easy since the car body will move over the axle. All this is assuming you have an adjustable panhard bar.

HTH

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
You probably just need to adjust the panhard bar is all. Is your panhard bar adjustable?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Rear axle out of center from lowering it. Easy fix, take the wheels off after you put the car on jack stand (under the axle). Take a plumb bob, tape it to the fender on each side, measure the distance to the wheel hub on both sides and ajust the panhard to center it. It will go real easy since the car body will move over the axle. All this is assuming you have an adjustable panhard bar.

HTH
+1 You beat me!

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
My 06 has been lowered 2" by the previous owner. It was done at the dealership he worked at so I guess they did whatever at the time of install...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 06 has been lowered 2" by the previous owner. It was done at the dealership he worked at so I guess they did whatever at the time of install...
yea i thought the panhard bar already came adjusted so that when it was installed my rear would be perfect. i guess that was a dumb assumption on my part, im just going to explain to my shop that the panhard bar needs to be adjusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts