1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes, J&M makes great suspension parts. If I didn't end up with the parts I have now I would of went with some of J&M's parts. They have a great bushing design.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am all about great bushing design!

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I think I will go J&M on the adjustable upper and lower control arms. With our discount code, its a total of $211.48 at AM.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Used the MM code to get it down to $96 from $102 on sale. Anyone have an experience with J&M? My suspension upgrade program is on track, also waiting at home to install in December is some Koni shocks/struts.

I will also buy the UM upper and lower adjustable control arms from Strano.
J&M Mustang Adjustable Panhard Rod (2005+) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
I bought the same one for the same price about 5 minutes after I got the email about the sale lol. Kudos to us both!

- Edit - Already sitting on the Koni shocks/struts in the living room, got the panhard on its way, can't wait to order the springs and get this thing down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have a discount code at AM? .... really?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have the J&M caster camber plates, they are nice parts! They sit on top of my Koni struts..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I for one do not want to be broken...sounds terrible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BIG SAVINGS!!! I am all about big savings!!!

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If youre being sarcastic, that 6% is on top of their sale prices, so it ends up being a good deal.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the same one for the same price about 5 minutes after I got the email about the sale lol. Kudos to us both!

- Edit - Already sitting on the Koni shocks/struts in the living room, got the panhard on its way, can't wait to order the springs and get this thing down.
Reps for being smart!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Actually, I think I will go J&M on the adjustable upper and lower control arms. With our discount code, its a total of $211.48 at AM.
you should put a uca mount on that list;)

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I hear conflicting things about that. Sam Strano told me its not necessary, but many have said it is.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Well, I hear conflicting things about that. Sam Strano told me its not necessary, but many have said it is.[/QUO

Its not bad with the factory upper arm because the bushing is soft but when you go to a poly bushing there not much give there and the bolt slops back and forth on the stock mount because the hole is bigger than the bolt (have a look whe you get it apart its actually a fair bit bigger). Every time you get on or off the gas it clunks. Just a suggestion:)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Well, I hear conflicting things about that. Sam Strano told me its not necessary, but many have said it is.[/QUO

Its not bad with the factory upper arm because the bushing is soft but when you go to a poly bushing there not much give there and the bolt slops back and forth on the stock mount because the hole is bigger than the bolt (have a look whe you get it apart its actually a fair bit bigger). Every time you get on or off the gas it clunks. Just a suggestion:)
Unless you get the stepped washer with your UCA which a lot of them include them now.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Unless you get the stepped washer with your UCA which a lot of them include them now.
I think thats a half ass way of doing it to be honest. That just my opnion and a lot of people still say the washers wear over time.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I disagree. We have been using stepped washers for quite some time in heavy duty machinery that sees forces much greater than anything that is going to be exerted in our cars. I doubt that any force that a Mustang sees is going to cause a solid stock of aluminum to wear out especially considering the point of it is to remove movement. So how does it wear out? I have never ever heard that. Where did you hear that?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have read it on different mustang fourms, as i said befor that my opnion on it. I only looked at the umi ones when i bought my mount and I did't like the idea and the mount was only 100 bucks so i thought it was a better buy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts