Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered a Stage 2 Procharger kit with a D1SC, along with ID1000 Injectors, BAP, and some NGK plugs. Ill be doing the install myself. Does anyone have any tips on installing the kit and pics of how much cutting they had to do? Thanks

Rick

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Looks like an easy install. Im getting my paxton in soon. Looks like for your install you just need to trim the bumper a little to get the intercooler to fit in..... shouldnt be that difficult at all. That d1sc is going to sound soo sexy.... like its drooling.

I got my id1000 injectors in today and my NGK plugs came yesterday

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Where are you ordering your kit from?

Yeah ive heard that its not a "little" trimming but a whole lot and the fog lights in the cs bumper might have to come out too

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
It's really not that hard to get to. If you had a lift and all the right tools.

That being said the Pressure plate can be a pia to get off. Other then that your good to go.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i think is easier than the paxton kits. not much cutting at all. i went thru the pdf from procharger and it looks real simple. i wanted a procharger but it was alot more money than the paxton and the paxton head unit is much better than the P head unit. it was another 200 bucks for the D1 which is comparable to the novi2200.
so i just went with paxton.. waiting for my. the wait is really killing me.

hey stweard i got my id1000 the other day as well but i noticed that it has a bag of clips and pins. i thought that they were plug and play... do you know if they just ship that with all the id kits? i might need to call terry and ask.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Nice! Where are you ordering your kit from?

Yeah ive heard that its not a "little" trimming but a whole lot and the fog lights in the cs bumper might have to come out too
oh, the cs bumper..... i think you will probably have to lose the fog lights.... i know my kit makes you get rid of them with that bumper... honestly, try svtforums..... tons of those guys have done blowers.

I got the beefcake special from terry at beef cake racing

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's really not that hard to get to. If you had a lift and all the right tools.

That being said the Pressure plate can be a pia to get off. Other then that your good to go.
I have no lift, just ramps, jacks, and stands.

Pressure plate? You mean the balancer?

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Damn you guys. All of you are getting superchargers and it's making me itch to get back to the states so I can install one too.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn you guys. All of you are getting superchargers and it's making me itch to get back to the states so I can install one too.
Which kit are you looking at picking up when you get back from Japan? I was originally going to go with a Vortech kit but almost every vendor I spoke to said the vortech was trash and the Procharger is tons better.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Which kit are you looking at picking up when you get back from Japan? I was originally going to go with a Vortech kit but almost every vendor I spoke to said the vortech was trash and the Procharger is tons better.
im curious to know which vendors you talked to so i dont call them LOL.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Which centri doesn't require removal of the CS fogs? I'm going with an S/c in the next couple years but if all of them require removal of the fogs I may go with a TVS style instead of Centri

·
Registered
89 Posts
Both the Paxton and Prochargers are nice Kits!!!

These are a few of the packages we offer..

I also can beat Beefcakes prices. Our Base Kit comes with alot more stuff

Paxton is this Link
2011-2013 GT/BOSS 5.0 JPC STREET FIGHTER PAXTON KIT - Justin's Performance Center

This is a Prochager Link
2011-13 Mustang GT/BOSS Stage 2 Procharger Package - Justin's Performance Center

You can find all our 2011 packages here
2011-2013 GT 5.0 & BOSS 302 - 2011-13 GT 5.0 Power Adder - Blower Packages - Justin's Performance Center

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I'm still undecided on what I want to get. Paxton, Procharger, VMP's roushcharger or a whipple. We'll see what I get closer to coming home.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I'm still undecided on what I want to get. Paxton, Procharger, VMP's roushcharger or a whipple. We'll see what I get closer to coming home.
well, you will have to lose the fog lights in your lower bumper if you go paxton or procharger, but will have to lose your boss intake with any of the others, so there is something to think about. you will also be able to use your JLT intake with the paxton.

I would deff go paxton/vortech over procharger just because of the efficiency, placement, and quality of the set up.

You put 3.73s in, so a TVS is going to be hard to plant the power to the ground..... thats another reason i went centri.... i know it will still be hard for me, but it wont be a super punch as soon as i touch the pedal.

Roush/whipple arent too far apart.... if you are going for a 2.3 set up, get the roush, if you want to go 2.9, obviously the whipple.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You don't really absolutlry have to take off the fog lights with a centrifugal. If you like them to much you can get a water to air intercooler.
I was also told by procharger and some other centri owners that you can keep your fogs, you just have to do some work to make it all fit right

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.