Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty happy and can't wait for it to get here! I was also gonna order some spark plugs but they are out of stock on them, so those will have to wait!

Question.... so once the order has been shipped to me will i have to email them or something to give them all my info about the car the tune it for me?

When i was purchasing i was figuring that you would fill out a little questionaire type thing and that it would come pre-loaded when you received the tuner! Either way im pretty stoked...

Since i dont drive it much or race it, i think im just going to get an everyday/economy type tune for better mpg's, then an 87 octane performance tune, then a 91 octane race tune for when im feeling super crazy. lol

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
go to americanmuscle.com bro and find your exact tuner and it will tell you step by step what to do man

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
and those sct's i think come with 3 tunes already in them ,and if you want a custom tune you go on their website and put your specific mods in and they will send you an email to download the tune to your tuner and bamm easy as that

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i realized after i posted this that BAMA had sent me an asking me about all the info and stuff. So i got all of that stuff submitted in!

I'm pretty stoked though, cause i have an auto and i hear the tuners really wake up the auto cars... i have wednesday and thursday off next week so im hoping it'll be here by then so i can enjoy it! :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
took a week for mine to come in they left some stuff out tho so there rewrting mines so i should get an email tune hopefully next tuesday

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
yea a tuner wakens up every car, our mustangs dontcome out the factory made to race they have alot of **** thats limited on them and the tuners make our cars unlimitless lol so yea youll feel the difference you should get some 3.73's for your stang to

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took a week for mine to come in they left some stuff out tho so there rewrting mines so i should get an email tune hopefully next tuesday
Was it anything real important that they left out? I always wondered if they leave something out if it just makes your car run like **** till you fix it...

Also how'd you know they left something out?

yea a tuner wakens up every car, our mustangs dontcome out the factory made to race they have alot of **** thats limited on them and the tuners make our cars unlimitless lol so yea youll feel the difference you should get some 3.73's for your stang to
Ya thats what i hear, so im excited about it! Cause i HATE spending money but everyone that has ever bought one seems to think they're completely worth it, so we'll see. And i do have 3.73's. Had i known auto's work better with 4.10's i would've gone with that but at the time i didnt know.

I don't have much done that's worth noting besides the drop in filter, then headers, o/r hpipe, and gears...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
when u receive your tuner they have a sheet with everything they added, basicly a break down of whats in the tuner, and on mie they left out my o/r h pipe

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so on a scale of 1-10 how much do you like the tuner? Also i see you got lca's and sfc's on your car, did you like the difference that made on your car?

I have been toying with the idea of getting those.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Congrats on your tuner!! I have the SCT with custom tunes and I love it!! As long as you completed the form and answered it with the mods on your car it should be fine. My car runs like a champ and it did help my gas mileage which helps with the way gas prices are these days:eek:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I have the SCT X3 for my Stang. It was worth it in my opinion. It's very user friendly as well! Have fun!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
havent installed it yet lol lca and sfc really stiffened up the car, she still spins off a launch gotta work on that tho

·
Registered
233 Posts
Like mine, can adjust rev limiter and check codes if you get them also.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on your tuner!! I have the SCT with custom tunes and I love it!! As long as you completed the form and answered it with the mods on your car it should be fine. My car runs like a champ and it did help my gas mileage which helps with the way gas prices are these days:eek:
Do you have an auto? I dont drag race or anything so the auto isnt really beneficial to me as far as consistent track times, so i always wish that i had the 5 speed. So im excited about the tuner to see if it makes it a little more fun to get on! What'd you see, probably like 1-2 mpg's better?

I have the SCT X3 for my Stang. It was worth it in my opinion. It's very user friendly as well! Have fun!
Thats good to hear, i need as user friendly as i can get! lol im not sure how much and/or what ill need to use it for besides switching tunes.

STALL's work great for an auto, even more fun imo that 4.10's.
I'm guessing your just talking about a stall converter, entirely separate from the tuner? Ha

havent installed it yet lol lca and sfc really stiffened up the car, she still spins off a launch gotta work on that tho
That does just sound like a personal problem :D

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Do you have an auto? I dont drag race or anything so the auto isnt really beneficial to me as far as consistent track times, so i always wish that i had the 5 speed. So im excited about the tuner to see if it makes it a little more fun to get on! What'd you see, probably like 1-2 mpg's better?
I have a 5-spd currently. I found I was more consistant when I raced an automatic in all honesty;)

The tuner really does enhance the mods you have, plus it's great because you can update the tunes when you continue to add mods to your Stang. I am easily getting 2 mpg's better than I did before the tune, and I have alot of bolt-ons.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya just for driving around town and stuff i wish i had the 5 speed. I'm somewhat reluctant to put too many mods on this car due to the fact i would like a manual and some day would like to upgrade to a mach 1 or termi.... even further down the road i'd like one of the new 5.0's.

Im trying not to spend too much so i wont lose much when i sell it...but when the tuner gives me better mpg's and quickness, i cant complain then :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my tuner today and i tried out the 87 octane performance tune and definitely woke the car up... ill admit the pedal is more sensitive and definitely feels like its smoother/quicker through the mid/upper rpm's...

The shifting isnt quite as intense as i expected with everyone talking about for auto's...it really doesnt feel much different as far as that goes. After this tank of gas im gonna have to try out the 91 octane race tune and see how i like that :)

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
I have mine in the 93 tune. Once you load that up you won't go back. And even the 93 octane tune gives me better than stock gas mileage. I love my tuner and on a new edge the tuner/gear combo is the must have 1st mod. And if your gonna change gears minimum of 3.90s. 4.10s are awesome and shoulda come like that stock. And my motives don't whine at all. Install is key

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya already got the 3.73's in there and dont wanna bother to change them out...lol the car may have a shift kit from the previous owner not sure, but the car doesnt shift really any harder...

I was pleasantly surprised at the gain of power in the upper rpm's...i dont know where i can even find 93 octane gas around here...i figured since its a daily driver ill stick with the 87 performance tune more than likely. I wanna race my buddy's VW again, cause the first time i won from a dig and lost by like half a car length from a roll.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts