Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just spent about $1100 over the course of a couple phone calls and figured I'd share all the research I've done before buying this stuff. I generally spend a lot of time surfing the web, trying to find the best deal before I buy something. Here's what I bought:

Hunsaker Cloth Synkro Racing Seats

I looked at a couple different manufacturers for seats: Corbeau, Recaro, Hunsaker, etc. and decided on Hunsaker because of the look and the price. They also come with the slots for racing harnesses. With my military discount I got a pair of Cloth Synkros for $400. They're normally $340 with $80 shipping, so I got a pretty good deal. Talk to Chad, he's really helpful and even said he would try and get them shipped today.

a. Hunsaker Cloth Synkro (2 seats)

Wedge Engineering Seat Brackets

These were a little more expensive than I would have liked but since they have to be custom made I just bit the bullet on this one. Chad at Hunsaker recommended Wyndall at Wedge Engineering to build the seat brackets for me so that my synkro seats would fit in the 'stang. They were $85 each (normally $95 but $10 off when you buy a pair) with $34 shipping for a total of $209 with taxes and all. Wyndall said they're backed up so they might not be able to ship them for another two weeks. Such is life with custom fabricated parts.

Wedge Engineering > SEAT BRACKETS

Carpet Kit/Fog Lights/Racing Harnesses

This is where I did a LOT of shopping around for the best prices. Some places charge a lot for replacement carpet but here were the ones I narrowed the list down to:

blueovalindustries.com, $16.17 shipping, $119.95
carpartswholesale.com, $18.64 shipping + handling, $118.72
stockinteriors.com, $14.95 shipping, $109.20
auto-interior.com, $17.31 shipping, $117.95
partstrain.com, $18.64 shipping + handling, $118.72
partstrain.com, $19.00 shipping + handling, $108.95
paddockparts.com, $26.95 shipping, $129.95

I ended up buying all three of these things from partstrain.com. I chose black for the carpet. They gave me a slight military discount on all three things. The total ended up being $445, with the carpet kit $113.72, the fog lights $99.55 (originally $105), and the two harnesses $115 each (originally $125).

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -

The harnesses are 5-point bolt-in's with a quick release cam lock in the middle. The big downside for me on these is that they only had one color, red, but I'm ok with that. I wanted to get blue to match the car but I think the red will look OK. The closest price for these same type was $130 from Wesco Performance.

(The picture for the 5-point is actually a 6-point but I was assured that I was ordering a 5-point on the phone.)

I bought the fog lights as OEM replacements because mine are looking faded and yellow, and plus these are the clear ones, without the plastic ripple on the front.

Damnit, I forgot to order floor mats! Back to surfing the web...........:eek:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
thats a nice looking seat... too bad theres no way to keep the stockers electric funktions

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a nice looking seat... too bad theres no way to keep the stockers electric funktions
It's not an issue with me since I don't have electric seats...

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would rather not have electric seats. Those seats are nice both of them combined weigh less then the drivers power seat :) I need a set of seats.
Get the Hunsakers. I can send you a picture, but they show them right on their web site. For $400 a pair for the Synkros, you cannot beat that anywhere.

I decided to return the racing harnesses, they are way too bulky and unnecessary since I don't have a roll cage. Plus at about $115 each I'm getting $243 back to spend on something else.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Hey bro post pictures of them in the car...

Also how long did it take to get the brackets?

Ordering this weekend...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Dont you have to have a cage for the harnesses? Was thinking that the shoulder straps had to hook to the cross bar behind the seats.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Nah Im buying the same seats...

I need to know about the brackets...

Plus I am lazy and dont feel like making another thread...

I really dont ban people...Only when its a last resort...NBA is an example of that...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Dont you have to have a cage for the harnesses? Was thinking that the shoulder straps had to hook to the cross bar behind the seats.
As far as i know yes...thats why he sent them back...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
whoa, what. did nba get banned??

i will be looking into the same seats (cloth) if i like the ones that CJ gets.
I havent banned NBA...Thats the example that i hate banning people...

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harnesses are pretty pointless without a roll cage. I suppose you could attach them to the bottom of your seat in the back, but I don't think it looks right without a cage and thats why I returned them.

i will be looking into the same seats (cloth) if i like the ones that CJ gets.
Did you see mine at GOOTC? I have the cloth ones.

i still have my 2 brand new blue rci 5 point harnesses for sale. 100 bucks for the set.
Totally forgot about that. I'm still interested in buying them... can you post a link/picture for me?

Hey bro post pictures of them in the car...

Also how long did it take to get the brackets?

Ordering this weekend...
I'll try to get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow, I'm at work right now. My computer at home shat the bucket and for the first time in my life I'm stumped as to why... The brackets took a while, but it depends on how backed up Wedge is on making them. They should be able to tell you on the phone how long it will take, but expect at least two weeks probably.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
yeah i saw them, just want to sit in them and tool around to see how i like the feel of them.
aka

He wants to see if he can still tickle his taint in them...lol

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ****... I totally forgot to get pictures for this thread.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Yeah Im going with black clothe hunsakers I believe...

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm going with cloth too .. I hate the sticky sweaty backs leather causes .. lol ..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts