Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a chin spoiler and grill delete kit. any pre installation prep necessary? any pointers to making it an easy install? suggestions?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
get some one to help with the chin spoiler...my tape kept falling off and an extra pair of hands would have made the simple job..simple

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
oh ya and just use a short bolt washer and nut for the chin spoiler..thro that plastic snap crap away

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Dont know i did a billet grill and that was a HUGE pain..these two little screws to get on..but taking off the factory honey comb is simple

·
Registered
234 Posts
getting to the 4 screws on the bottom of the stock grill is a PITA. The chin spoiler definitley use screws or bolts, First time i barely hit a curb with mine it popped 5 of the push pins int the middle and the front of it sagged down.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ive been told the grill delete isnt that bad to put in but the chin spoiler def good if you have an extra pair of hands. and def go with the bolts, mines bolted in and ive smacked it a good couple of times and its still holdin up strong.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
yeah dont ues the plastic thing that come with the chin,i barely hit an bump stop this morning an snapped 3 of them,came home an replaced with some nuts an bolt for better support

·
Registered
806 Posts
for the grill delete you might need anti torx screws. and use them again so no one steals your pony

and on the spoiler use bolts and wing nuts so it doesn't go anywhere

and yes a 2nd pair of hands helps

·
Registered
600 Posts
def dont use the snap ins for the chin spoiler, i was putting machboy's on and i broke over half of them just putting them on...of course it was freezing in my garage too, i got some black-headed screws and put it on that way

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
I bought the Mach 1 chin spoiler for my car, ditto on what these guys said about not using the plastic screws, get some stainless steel nuts and bolts.

I drilled extra holes under the car for the bolts. When lining up the spoiler to the car, get someone to help you and then tape it in place using masking tape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts