Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ill get pics up later..but i sold my 01 gt wednesday night and picked up an 07 gt today. Its black with 51k miles lowered with h&r springs i believe and frpp stinger axleback. Oh almost forgot....5 spd too

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
[/IMG]

only one i have right now

It's got black leather interior also which I really like

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah lol...i know black is high maintenance...but i think chrome is worse lol. i want some DD black bullits for it. and a cai and tuner...its kinda doggy. i thought these newer ones ran better..but its not much more than my 01

·
Registered
108 Posts
looks sharp! I just picked up an 97 myself. any big plans for it?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quick question for u s197 guys. i know that throttle bodies and intakes and exhaust and **** was kinda a waste for performance on my 01 2v motor..nothin really made a difference.

but i had a friend with a 2006 gt that got a magnaflow o/r x and jlt cold air with bama sct tunes...he said it really woke the car up. not sure about it. but sounds legit. what kinda power would you gain and is this stuff really worth getting. the car feels like it needs to breath a little.

its already got frpp stinger axleback. and im wanting to put a c&l cold air with bama tuner and o/r x. maybe bigger throttle body

·
Registered
409 Posts
Tune is what makes the power, not the CAI or throttle body. Never hurts to have more air going in, but your engine can only use so much air. The tune is where the power comes from.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
CAI/Tune is an excellent 1st mod. With a good tune and an intake expect about 20-25 hp/ 20-25 tq.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Bigger throttles are kinda pointless for now til you get to bigger modding. I have a CAI with an O/R X pipe with a bama tune and it made a huge difference

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
These motors respond well to cai and tunes. Thats all i have and it made a world of difference and its an 87 octane tune! Nice ride bro

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
To wake it up, why don't you go with some GA GA GA GEEEEAAARSSSSSS as well.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
He probably has 3.55s from the factory i dont see a point in changing gears especially if op plans on fi but to each his own

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Don't 3.55's only come in a certain package. I doubt he has them, but I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
U could be right. He and i both have premium packages and i have 3.55s so im assuming he also has them. I have also been wrong before...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice car, looks almost exactly what mine looked like but i got a cs/gt. Intake and tune does make a nice little difference. Then i added 4.10 gears. Now my car has really woken up nicely. Just decided how you were you want to with it and see where to best spend that money. Plus i got some black 2010 gt500 wheels on my car and does it ever look so mean.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks sharp! I just picked up an 97 myself. any big plans for it?
Not really just ordered a jlt series 3 cold air intake and bama sct tuner from American muscle for it lol...haven't even had the car 6 hrs

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice car man! How do you like it compared to your old gt?
Wish I got rid of my old one a long time ago, the interior, ride and everything is all around way nicers

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
U could be right. He and i both have premium packages and i have 3.55s so im assuming he also has them. I have also been wrong before...

I have no idea what gears are in it but in fifth at 60 mph it's hummin around 1700 rpm, and I'm not digging these crop stinger axle backs very much though ...they drone like a mo fo

1 - 20 of 38 Posts