Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more smoke,my lawn mower smoked more that this thing did,my buddies 04 model with 30k on it was like a dam stove pipe smoking,i guess i was just expecting more smoke ,i hope i get my mpg back,this 11-12 mpg is killing me

·
Registered
444 Posts
i dont understand why people use this stuff. throttle body and intake cleaner does the same thing and from what ive seen with my own eyes. the results are so much better.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
well I dont see why people use throttle body and intake cleaner, this stuff does the same thing, is easier, and works just as well if not better... from MY experiances... :)

I normally let it inhale half the can then shut off the motor and let it sit for 20-45 mins. I try to get it to suck it in with out dying, but fairly quickly. now dont just dump the can in and hydrolock your motor, use common sense. after it has sat a while that is when I start it up and let it smoke. not hard onthe throttle, just keep it runing untill the smoke is getting thinner, then I normall open it up pretty good.

did this to my old 71 Grande mustang and it helped out a bunch. did it to my 3000GT and again it helped out a lot. thing was clen when I ripped apart the block. did it to my rx7.... well somehow I blew an apex seal off and it trashed the motor.... :(

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well Ive never had a serious impact from seafoam or any other cleaner... I say the best bet is to try like said above, but if you dont want the risk, then I suggest a FULL tune up will benefit you best.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
seafoam is the **** i use it on all my vehicles, i use one third in the intake and then put the rest in the tank that way it cleans the intake and the injectors, but man your car is definitly needing a tuneup, i have 410's and still knock down 21-23 mpg.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i took the car for a ride just then,and jeez it was so much better,it feels like it has more go about it,idles smoother,sounds quite.i think i may pick up another bottle and run it threw my gas tank with a full tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts