Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not many people dont care for Americanmuscle.com here... have been looking at other sites some just dont have everything I am looking for so new site suggestions would be awesome. Also keep in mind I dont like space age modern looking cars aka the Roush Mustang does not excite me too much. More of a classic muscle car appearance/sounding guy. If it looks like a rice burner/sounds like one we have a problem Houston.

But thinking of going duel exhaust"yeah see that all over forums"

Debating on the Ford Racing Kit or the Pypes. I just want something that sounds close to a v8 aka that loud rumble. So when I get some little punk at a red light who keeps reving his rice burner it scares the hell out of them... Happens alot actually and I just have a V6... Is there something better that improves fuel efficiency, sound, Horsepower for the v6 4L? Looked on the net I may be mechanically inclinded but I am not a mechanic.

New Headers that dont look like they came from the scrap yard.

Still in a debate between a good turbo or supercharger kit.

Hoods, been debating on Kaenen Eleanor Style Hood, Kaenen GT500 Style Ram Air Hood, or the Trufiber SVT Style Hood.

Mustang Eleanor Style Louvers, Fixed Black Antenna - 8 inch, and all the small things to dress up the engine.

Grill Retro black with the classic pony emblem.

Along with alot of other extras for the engine... not going to do it over night no matter how much I would love to...

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think Pypes are louder than the Ford racing kit IMO. It's hard getting close to the v8 sound without the 2 cylinders.. plus I don't think they improve yet alone change fuel effciency. A CAI with a tuner will help you with fuel efficiency and horsepower.

Superchargers are good if you want the power right there and then but turbos are good for the long run. If you do go with F/I, it's recommended to change your heads, cams, internals, and rear axle.

Looks are based upon you since it's your car. Try to picture it or photoshop to get a glimpse of what it might look like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Pypes are louder than the Ford racing kit IMO. It's hard getting close to the v8 sound without the 2 cylinders.. plus I don't think they improve yet alone change fuel effciency. A CAI with a tuner will help you with fuel efficiency and horsepower.

Superchargers are good if you want the power right there and then but turbos are good for the long run. If you do go with F/I, it's recommended to change your heads, cams, internals, and rear axle.

Looks are based upon you since it's your car. Try to picture it or photoshop to get a glimpse of what it might look like.
Going to actually model my car in Maya. It is what I do for a living=) Yeah There are alot of things I have to think over=/

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have the Pypes dual exhaust, while it maybe not a GT sound, it does have a nice rumble. Should get the attention of those ricer punks. I've heard nothing but good things about the JLT CAI w/ Bama 93 race tune. That is my next mod, pretty much finished w/ the exterior touches except maybe the CDC chin spoiler(still debating). two changing out the rear end to a 8.8 w/ 3:73 gears and a T-lok. Hoping someday to get the X-charger, but that may take awhile since it is almost 6G's.

·
Registered
597 Posts
"I know not many people dont care for Americanmuscle.com here... have been looking at other sites some just dont have everything I am looking for so new site suggestions would be awesome."

Not quite sure I understand what this means? AmericanMuscle is probably to most highly recommended company whether on this site or on another.

Neither you nor I will ever have the sound of a GT without and engine transplant. That out of the way, the 4.0 can sound good. I have the Dual exhaust kit from NewTakeOff.com and sounds, and looks great with no drone, and the price is right!

·
Registered
584 Posts
"I know not many people dont care for Americanmuscle.com here... have been looking at other sites some just dont have everything I am looking for so new site suggestions would be awesome."

Not quite sure I understand what this means? AmericanMuscle is probably to most highly recommended company whether on this site or on another.

Neither you nor I will ever have the sound of a GT without and engine transplant. That out of the way, the 4.0 can sound good. I have the Dual exhaust kit from NewTakeOff.com and sounds, and looks great with no drone, and the price is right!
^^ what he said

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well ended up getting the pypes true duel exhaust conversion kit pypes shorty headers. California Special front bumper, GT rear bumper! Eleanor Style Hood - (05-09 GT, V6), Retro grille w/ pony emblem.
Later on
Turbo or super charger "cannot find a good turbo"! tale wing, Raxiom Retro Style Headlights - Pre-Painted (05-09 GT, V6), side scoops and a deck lid

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not yet I'm popping in tomorrow to check it out at the shop. Had to snag a new trunk emblem original was faded and looking rough. Car should be done thurs or fri.

·
Registered
200 Posts
nice mods dont forget to take the door dildos off

·
Registered
200 Posts
update please

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As for questions, Yes the exhaust does sound good, but if you cannot stand the small/slight drone type sound when your inside get the GT 500 mufflers same sound zero drone but will cost you more. Same rim set, but rear rims are wider than the front, and the tires are directional/only rotate in one way/direction... Tire changing when you get to that blows about 1k in just tires.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks bad ass man I love what you have done only thing I would change is maybe lower it a little and remove the door dildos.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah I have those to keep trucks from denting my doors
I had them too removed them and park as far away from other vehicles as possible get a little more excercise and as an added bonus I get to admire my baby on the long walk back. honestly tho your mods are very tasteful well done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts