Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright me and my dad were just talking about my dual exhaust, and we've come to the conclusion that we might get glasspacks (hold on) and burn them out so that i'll have straight pipes lol
i'll have an h-pipe as well as all the other true duals, but what do ya'll think about the legal straight pipe idea?
now i have no emissions and all that
but what do ya'll think about the straight pipe sound?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
straight pipe is one of the worse sounds... get some borlas :D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well from what i hear theres really nothin that sounds good on our cars, i figure i might give it a try and who knows i might like the tone, and if i don't i'm out $40 :lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Glasspacks don't sound terrible on our cars but I have heard glasspacks that are worn out and I definitely am going to change mine before that happens.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Glasspacks don't sound terrible on our cars but I have heard glasspacks that are worn out and I definitely am going to change mine before that happens.
glasspack need a good bit of flow to sound good, a big big v6 or v8

dude straight pipes are gonna sound like straight ass on your car,

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
This idea has "sounds like ass" written all over it....

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its gonna have an h-pipe on it
but i think it may be the only way my dad will let me get em right now (he's thinkin about the money me being in college with my flying :blah )
so i think imma do it that way
then once he figures out it sounds like ass i'll just weld in some flows :lol
p.s. he told me he's never been a fan of flows even though i am, in his eyes what he thinks is what everyone should think :dunno
i'll get a good setup eventually :crazy

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and mines a big v6 i just don't know about the flow
also would a gt catback work? where i could just weld in the mufflers of my choice?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
and mines a big v6 i just don't know about the flow
also would a gt catback work? where i could just weld in the mufflers of my choice?
i mean like big truck v6, and its not worth the cash just dont weld in mufflers

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know i can't talk my dad into that he's from the 60's where they had big muscle cars and glasspacks sound good and hes doesn't get that it sounds like **** on a 6 :dunno
who knows i'll find a way to get em, but a gt catback will work right?
do they have an h pipe or is it just actually i really don't know what a gt catback consists of :crazy
a little help :lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o and his way of burning them out is pouring oil down em before they put em on :crazy

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you know if a gt catback will work? :lol
i might can get one for cheap and i think thats really what i need so i can choose waht mufflers i want to get

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Is he paying for this? Cuz if not why don't you just go ahead and mod your own car the way that you want? The H-pipe is a type of mid-pipe. You can have a y-pipe(stock on a v6 and can't support true dual), an h-pipe, or and x-pipe. Catbacks don't come with an h-pipe. If you want to run true dual, you'll need to get an h-pipe or x-pipe that will fit your v6 headers.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok yeah i know all about the mid pipe
i just didn't know about the catback
thanks man
and no he's not paying for the mods
but he paid for most of the car/insurance
and he's helped me out with my pilot training and i live under his roof so i pretty much have to listen to him about this stuff :lol
since he's not signing the car to me until i graduate college :crazy

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Oh I see...it's not technically your car. I guess you should get whatever he tells you. Then, when he signs the car over you can cut it off at the h-pipe and buy yourself a flowmaster catback system.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts