Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I just threw a check engine light tonight and this is the code it pulled...I have had the car cammed for about 4 months now with no problems at all and today I installed the Steeda Economy CMVC Delete Plates and a wideband...I installed the wideband o2 sensor in the rear o2 sensor bung instead of welding in a new bung...dont know if this matters or not...but I have been driving the car for an hour or so and on my way home I threw this code...does anybody have any experience with this or know what it may be?!

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw that but my timing cant over advance because I got the phaser limiters which limit the timing to 20 degrees

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you retune for the delete plates?
and yes I did get a tune for these but I got it a while back when Matt was still with BAMA and I think he may have wrote the tune wrong...the reason I think this is that for one the tune he sent me had the wrong PCM code...mine is CDC2 and the tune stated CDC3...also in the title it didnt say anything about my cams whereas whenever Doug would write me a tune he would always write in the mods I had...I dunno though...Ive read that someone had this same issue and had doug re-write a tune and it fixed it...I hope thats all it is...I have a Tillman Speed 93 All-Out tune that I should have in the next few days...I hope that corrects it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if this could be your problem but my car threw this code a couple months back. It ended up being the timing chain tension on the drives side had colapsed this allowing the chain to skip a couple teeth and creating a situation where the valves came into contact with the piston thus requiring me to rebuild the engine. Just a bit of information and something to check if you can't find anything else.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have seen this code before on 5.4 F150s and Expeditions.. as I remember it was a VCT solenoid issue.. but that would make sence if you have a limiter issue.. good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know if this could be your problem but my car threw this code a couple months back. It ended up being the timing chain tension on the drives side had colapsed this allowing the chain to skip a couple teeth and creating a situation where the valves came into contact with the piston thus requiring me to rebuild the engine. Just a bit of information and something to check if you can't find anything else.
well I sure hope this is not my problem...lol...if this were to happen would the car still drive fine??? the reason I ask is that the CEL came on about 6-7 miles from my house and it still drove fine...it didnt have any change in power and it didnt have any change in idle...it is kinda hard to tell if the idle is messing up with the cams...

I have seen this code before on 5.4 F150s and Expeditions.. as I remember it was a VCT solenoid issue.. but that would make sence if you have a limiter issue.. good luck
what do you mean by having a limiter issue...and how can I check the VCT Solenoid to see if thats the problem...I dont wanna just go and start replacing parts hoping thats the problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Drove it for a couple more weeks while trying to diagnose the problem. Still made good power and drove fine unfortunately the problem found me before I found it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drove it for a couple more weeks while trying to diagnose the problem. Still made good power and drove fine unfortunately the problem found me before I found it.
what would be the best way to check to see if thats the problem

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Did you try just clearing the code? And Im like 95% sure its the tune dude. You just installed the plates and dont know for sure if your car has a tune for them.....come on.

If your that scared dont drive it until the new tune comes in (with the delete plate tune attached) and then load tune, drive 50 miles and check for CEL.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you try just clearing the code? And Im like 95% sure its the tune dude. You just installed the plates and dont know for sure if your car has a tune for them.....come on.

If your that scared dont drive it until the new tune comes in (with the delete plate tune attached) and then load tune, drive 50 miles and check for CEL.
Yes I did clear the code and I was not gonna drive until I get the new tune on it...to me it has to be the tune because i havent had any problems or CEL for 4 months until the day I change the tune...the light came on when I was cruising home in 5th at like 60 mph and I put it too the floor cuz I was watching my new wideband to see roughly where I was at WOT...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car will run like crap without a tune for the deletes, wrench light will be on too. Plus you'll have a code for the runner controls
I honestly think the tune is programmed for the deletes but not for the cams

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an update...added my Tillman Speed 93 All-Out tune to the car and drove around for quite a while and through no CEL...will be running tomorrow night at the track weather permitting

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Are you the guy from the movie?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts