Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car engine started misfiring. the engine service light flashed on and started blinking. i checked the manual, it says im having a engine misfire and that if i keep driving it, it could catch fire...

**** MY LIFE

im gonna bring it to ford tomorrow to get it checked up. this better be covered by warranty

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im hoping for

what im pissed about is that i just got it serviced last week. you'd think theyll catch something like this...

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
my engine did it for a while. If it flashes it's a random misfire, but then if it stays on it knows where the misfire is. I cleared the codes, and it never came back. I think some stuff was a little dirty, and when i got it in the high rpms it knocked some stuff loose and then the codes came. Scared the piss out of me though.

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it flashes and then stays on for a bit and repeat. k i hope its just a quick check-up and i can get it back asap.

when it first started, i thought for sure, great im not gonna see my car for 1-4 weeks...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
If it's under warranty; take it into Ford.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like a bad plug or c.o.p dont sweat it you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just left it at ford, i told them about the misfire and slipping clutch

they gave me a 2010 stang convertible rental :D

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ford just called and told me that a rodent chew up my wire harness and that wont be covered by warranty... 300 bucks thanks to a damn rat.

now they are checking out the clutch. i hope THAT will be covered =/

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am almost sure the clutch will be covered as long as it's not from abuse... ;)

Sucks to hear about the rat. So far I've been fortunate enough not to have any rodents make my engine bay their home. Was $300 for labor and parts or just the harness?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Wonder what harness it was. At least it wasn't a main engine harness or it would have been a whole lot more than that!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That really sucks man. I hope everything works out for you. Any idea where the rat came from?

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah the rat probably came up from the underneath of the engine bay and work itself the way to the wire harness and just chew everything up. im hoping to get it back today but they havent called to say its ready yet and its almost 5 here so its probably wont be ready until tomorrow or monday when they open shop. (they dont work on weekends)

you own a gt500 notread? welcome! :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah a rodent of some sort chewed my TPS connecter right near the plug. So close I didnt have any wire still connected to the plug to repair it.

Had to go to ford and buy a new connector for like 20 bux.

It flooded my cylinders with fuel and smelled horrible like burning oil for a few minutes. Used a paper clip and an alligator clip after checking the codes at a Murrays I was luckily a block from.

Drove right across the street to get an engine flush to get the fuel out of my oil, then drove very carefully avoiding bumps a few miles to the dealership and grabbed the replacement.

Went home and wired it in, no more codes, has ran perfectly since then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah the rat probably came up from the underneath of the engine bay and work itself the way to the wire harness and just chew everything up. im hoping to get it back today but they havent called to say its ready yet and its almost 5 here so its probably wont be ready until tomorrow or monday when they open shop. (they dont work on weekends)

you own a gt500 notread? welcome! :D
I've got an 09 and loving every minute of it! Thanks. I hope you get yours back soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts