Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not building the motor yet but just looking at the rear end right now lol
373 gears
Mustang 8.8" Rear End Gears at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
gear installation kit
Mustang Rear End Installation Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
rear end girdle
GMS 79-06 8.8 Rear End Girdle System
posi lsd
Eaton Posi Limited Slip 8.8in 31 Spline Differential
31 spine axles
Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs (99-04 GT, Bullitt, & Mach 1)
am i missing anything? is there something i dont need on this list?? something else you would go with?? thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah thats fine but that can be the last thing you do.. stock gt rear end is pretty damn good up to mid 400 hp to the wheels if not a lil more..

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You can also get a 31 spline diff out of an explorer and throw those Moser's in and that will hold plenty. Maybe upgrade the clutches in it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
yeah thats fine but that can be the last thing you do.. stock gt rear end is pretty damn good up to mid 400 hp to the wheels if not a lil more..
all depends what kind of suspension you have under it. i snapped a axle with 260rwhp on its second launch.
that wouldnt be a bad set up but like some of the others said you can do it cheaper with a diff out of a explorer

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I dont know about the 3.73s but thats just preference...but im sure that the 31 diff and w/ the 31 splines should be more than enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll need to have the ABS gears pressed off and pressed on the Moser's. You also need a rebuild (half) kit if your doing it yourself. It will have all the bearings, new pinion nut, crush sleeve, gear marking grease and rear gear to differential bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts