Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didnt have a stang what car would go with i think i would pick a trans am ls1 car. :cool:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The new Camaro or a Vette. But I LOVE my Stang and I love my club members and Forums.:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'd have Evo 9 MR... and shame on you who said you'd have a bowtie

·
Registered
852 Posts
^ BOOOOO this man!!....

·
Registered
852 Posts
haha, well done sir... well done

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i didnt have my stang, i would rather walk than own an import or drive a GM p.o.s.,now thats whats up!!!
i love my stang but i also love cars in general. But im car enthusiast.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
That's a long list, hahaha. Here's a couple I'd consider:

LS1 6-speed F-body (probably the Pontiac)
AE86 GT-S
S13 240SX
FC RX-7
*maybe* a turbo Supra.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is somewhat off subject but this threat reminded me of this for some reason. Remember in Fast and the Furious tokyo drift when they put a ****ing RB20 in that fastback? I was a little pissed about putting a jap motor in that gorgeous piece of american history..... dirty bastards....

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
This is somewhat off subject but this threat reminded me of this for some reason. Remember in Fast and the Furious tokyo drift when they put a ****ing RB20 in that fastback? I was a little pissed about putting a jap motor in that gorgeous piece of american history..... dirty bastards....
Eh, that bugged me when I saw the previews, but the storyline gives a pretty legit reason for it, and were I in the same situation, I would've done the same thing.

At the very least, it was an inline 6, not some turbo-4, right?

·
Registered
852 Posts
it is a very solid motor... no those are 4 I think

·
Registered
231 Posts
Eh, that bugged me when I saw the previews, but the storyline gives a pretty legit reason for it, and were I in the same situation, I would've done the same thing.

At the very least, it was an inline 6, not some turbo-4, right?
.....Good point. I guess it couldve been worse......

But its the principal of the matter!!!:mad:
jk jk

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It was not a GTS-T motor (rb20det) it was an Rb26...... GTR motor. Big difference. (kind of like saying 302 vs 408 mustang)

And in a mustang mag (forget which one) They built a stroker windsor for all the drift scenes..

Get this..

They took the GTR powered mustang and the stroker windsor mustang to the track, guess who was faster.. the Skyline powered one. ;)

I would have a 240z with either a full race build sr20, or a bolt on rb25 swap.
I had an 89 coupe 240sx with a gt2540 sr20, and an 89 hatch 240sx with an rb20det swap. All very fun cars, really dig the Nissans.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It was not a GTS-T motor (rb20det) it was an Rb26...... GTR motor. Big difference. (kind of like saying 302 vs 408 mustang)

And in a mustang mag (forget which one) They built a stroker windsor for all the drift scenes..

Get this..

They took the GTR powered mustang and the stroker windsor mustang to the track, guess who was faster.. the Skyline powered one. ;)

I would have a 240z with either a full race build sr20, or a bolt on rb25 swap.
I had an 89 coupe 240sx with a gt2540 sr20, and an 89 hatch 240sx with an rb20det swap. All very fun cars, really dig the Nissans.

Cool I learned something new! But yeah, its pretty sick how much power they can get out of those motors.

I've got a buddy that drifts his 240sx. It has the sr20det. That sombitch scoots!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Cool I learned something new! But yeah, its pretty sick how much power they can get out of those motors.
One day, drive an inline 6 turbo powered car. You will fall in love with the power band, the sound and decent fuel economy they provide.

There is a reason there is such a huge supra, skyline following.

SKIP to 3:30 in the video ;) sounds delightful.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts