Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I pulled my engine to swap it out since I spun a bearing and I noticed my k frame is twisted I have 5 inches in front of my passenger tire and 3.5 inches infront of driver side tire what should I do. Not sure on what the actual messurements are for it. It is a 96 with a stock frame and stock 15's. I figure this needs fixed before I put my 18's on. Help would be great don't want to take it to a shop.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sure as hell sounds like it. You may need to take it and have them put it on the rack just to check it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother hit a curb and shattered one of the wheels a few years ago but never really noticed a difference in it other then that its hit 2 deer. It seems more like it just slid back on the one side it don't look bent. More less cocked sideways I guess. Do they have slots to adjust them on

·
Registered
890 Posts
Wait the chassis or the k member. If it's the k memeber I would say go tubular with coil overs and overall consider it an upgrade instead of a fix

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I would do it but as of right now I'm off work for a couple more weeks so no money means no car parts witch kinda blows I would like this one fixed first them maybe next month ill get the tubular one. What one would be the best kit so I can get everything with new a arms and all the ones from jegs don't have full kits

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm baised for maximum motor sports lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the site for it so I can see it. And what's the worst that could happen with it sideways in there chew up my tires. I think ill bring it to a friends body shop he has a frame straightener to see if anything is off and what's off

·
Registered
631 Posts
the MM is expensive and we dont have as much torque or weight as his cobra. for you a QA1 or equivalent will suffice. You pick it up for about 220+shipping you just have to shop around. Google shopping will help alot when i comes to buying at the best price just be sure to check up on the seller and make sure their not notorious for scamming/ripping off people.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
the MM is expensive and we dont have as much torque or weight as his cobra. for you a QA1 or equivalent will suffice. You pick it up for about 220+shipping you just have to shop around. Google shopping will help alot when i comes to buying at the best price just be sure to check up on the seller and make sure their not notorious for scamming/ripping off people.
He'll also need tubular control arms and coil overs with the QA1 k member. I'm pretty sure Summit carries most of the setup, if not all of it. Steeda may as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I need something that's going to hold up to some power since my motor is out for a build and I told them to decide on supper charger or twin turbo what ever they pick is what ill have. I just hope for high numbers since all my savings is going into this

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Who is building it?
And PSR is my K member of choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just some local guy that's been doing it for along time he said he's never heard of anyone wanting to do a striker out of a v6

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Just some local guy that's been doing it for along time he said he's never heard of anyone wanting to do a striker out of a v6
Oh, this thread should be fun then :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts