Modded Mustang Forums banner

K-Member Alignment Cost? (Roughly)

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AirMan89 
#1 ·
Just curious how much getting a crossmember aligned will cost me. It was in a wreck before I bought it and I can tell by looking at my wheels that its not aligned properly.

#4 ·
Yeah the strut tower was bent pretty bad. I added some heat and hammered it down though. Other than that I dont see anything else to be bent but who knows. It pulls a bit to the right but other than that it drives and steers great. Well and the camber is off ( someone before me lowered the car and never installed the camber bolts or cc plates)

#5 ·
With the strut tower being tweaked you really should take it to a body shop that deals in collision and frame repair. If the tower was bent, its possible the kmember shifted some or the control arm has a slight twist. A problem with either of those three will kill the alignment.

#6 ·
Checking k-member alignment is easy. Go on Maximum Motorsports web site and download the instructions for their k-member install. If you can get your car on jack stands, you can check k-member alignment.
My guess is you bent the outer tie rod from the rack and pinion. Stock A-arms and the k-member are plenty tough.

#8 ·
Well the tie rods (both inner and outer) are brand new, recently replaced tie rods, ball joints, and wheel hub bearings. Thanks for the website on k-member install.

But as far as caster / camber, I do mean camber. I had an alignment done awhile back and everything lined up (toe and caster) except the camber. Which I'd just imagine is because the previous owner lowered the car but didnt install cc plates or camber bolts. I think I will go ahead and take the alignment results to a body shop though and see what they say. thats a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.