Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tubular front suspension is on my to do list and I am undecided. These are the two options im looking at 1996-2004 Ford Mustang Tubular Chrome Moly K Member Kit - UPR Products and 96-04 Mustang QA-1 K-Member Kit The qa1 is cheaper, but from what I understand the chrome moly one is lighter and a little stronger. It is about $150 difference, so its not a big deal, but I can get the qa1 setup cheaper than that from someone who never used it. This is something I really only plan on doing once, so I kind of have a "do it right the first time" mindset, but 150-250 saved could go towards other things, so im just stuck undecided. Anyone know what the actual weight difference between the two is? Anyone have problems with either of those?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Please for your cars sake dont buy the chrome moly k member its very bad for everthing. Why you ask? Lets just say if you like to turn without k meber falling apart youl take my advice. Get Qa1 which is the one I have it cant get better than that.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Please for you cars sake dont buy chrome moly very bad for everthing y you ask lets just say if you like to turn without k meber falling apart your take my advice. Get Qa1 which is the one have cant get better than that.
:eek: what is that supposed to mean, looks like half the words are missing?

On the other hand I have heard a lot of good things about the qa1. Ive considered getting one myself in the past. As for the upr I havent read anything about it be it good or bad.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
This depends on your needs as a driver...

Seems to me, you are building your ride for the corners and a bit of drag racing. The QA1, as I recall, is geared more toward a 1/4 mile track piece. This is a geometry thing, but think the QA1 is designed more for weight transfer than say MM or Griggs (< Griggs... FTMFGDSOBW :yes)

***HERE*** is another thread on "K" members from the other day.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Agreed, MM or Griggs for twisties, but personally, I would go for the UPR for the 1/4. Its lighter and stronger, even though I don't think the weight is that much different. There is a vendor on another site that has the UPR on sale for 665 shipped. I think I am about to order one.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Woa, I just canceled my order. I called to confirm if QA1 is for drag/corner aplications and it is for drag. Which is wiered because I have a few friends who have them on theres and they run the auto X with it? WTF. Thanks for bringing that up JAZZ, saved me a mistake. I am going Griggs now with that SLA.

·
Registered
381 Posts
we speak english here.
My bad it was late and I was typing fast and yes I speaka alota english too lol.

I yes of course the Griggs is amazing but it is also alot more expensive. I have the QA1 I also drive like if I was on racetrack also have gotten the Cobra sidways at 140mph long story but I havent had any problems what so ever.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
My bad it was late and I was typing fast and yes I speaka alota english too lol.

I yes of course the Griggs is amazing but it is also alot more expensive. I have the QA1 I also drive like if I was on racetrack also have gotten the Cobra sidways at 140mph long story but I havent had any problems what so ever.
No offense, but the highlighted part doesn't make much more sense than your first post.

I'm looking at the MM Maximum grip box. Looks like a good buy since I haven't touched my suspension yet, so I wouldn't be buying parts twice. It's around $4500 but I think it's a good deal considering what you get. Plus MM is high quality stuff.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Definitely recommend MM for the twisties. Both the UPR and QA1 are 1/4 mile pieces. They have basically stock geometry but at light weight. The MM K member is stronger in the side to side rigidity and has a revised geometry as Jazzer said.

Griggs is bomb, but i'm not sure i'd spring for the SLA just yet. Maybe when I got 10" stickies up front and 12" stickies out back with a Twin Turbo under the hood.

But not quite yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts