Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a bmr k-member for a 2005 , is it ok for a DD with there a-arm too. pro and con please

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've heard great things about the K-Member, ask Emay and 07StangGT. If you're going to install long tube headers down the road, the combo of BMR A-Arms and K-member supposedly really help installation, tighten up driving and generally cut weight.

Definitely ask 07stangGT about the K-member though... he's been troubleshooting a bad driveline vibration, not sure what parts of his car were cleared of suspicion or not....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Margaritagirl, I think he is talking about an entire K-member, not a brace.

OP: 06MustangGT89 also has that k-member.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm wondering how much vibration is felt with the k-member and mounts. Is it noticeable ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Emay and 07stanggt are right on the money. You will feel more a little more engine vibration but no more than with the prothane mounts. The k member and a arms will hold up to a daily driver or to being abused at the track. It will provide you with more access to the engine and makes it easier to do exhaust changes along with dropping 30lbs off of the front end. If you have any questions please give me a call.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
any alinement problems with the k-menber?

Alignment problem? You are going to need an alignment if you change k members. you're taking the whole front end apart. If you mean is getting the alignment correct afterwards a problem, then no.

By the way BMR Tubular K-members

·
Registered
418 Posts
PM me if you have any unanswered questions. You get feedback from the engine, no more then the feedback you would get from prothane motor mounts.
Yeah, what he said. The only real vibration I noticed was starting the car up...the car rattled a little and the starter sounded rougher (this was all in a good oldschool way). BTW, how's your car? Besides the stereo.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Yeah, what he said. The only real vibration I noticed was starting the car up...the car rattled a little and the starter sounded rougher (this was all in a good oldschool way). BTW, how's your car? Besides the stereo.
My car? good, got the old rear with the 4.10s in it. Noisey on decell but ready to run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts