Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a K&N FIPK gen2 CAI for $120.

Is this a good buy? What can I expect from this cai, is it better than the chrome/stainless piping ones that go into the fenderwell. K&N says it has a hp gain of 6.7hp.... however I will feel lucky if I hit 5 extra hp.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I am about to purchase a K&N FIPK gen2 HAI for $120.

Is this a good buy? What can I expect from this cai, is it better than the chrome/stainless piping ones that go into the fenderwell. K&N says it has a hp gain of 6.7hp.... however I will feel lucky if I hit 5 extra hp.

Thanks in advance.
eBay, 50$....

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I am about to purchase a K&N FIPK gen2 CAI for $120.

Thanks in advance.
not worth it, 30-50 bucks of ebay = same gains you mihgt might see 3hp same with K&N

·
Registered
224 Posts
what they said...only major difference is the brand.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, I will look into that then. I have heard people say you can hear a different tone from your engine with the new intakes... how true is this?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
buy the bomz racing cold air intake off ebay, its only like $50 and works just as good as the expensive intake just it makes maybe a point 2 hp diff

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid about $250 for a K&N that adds 16 I think.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I paid about $250 for a K&N that adds 16 I think.
sry dude the day a CAI adds 16hp on an NA 3.8L I will bow down to the engineers as gods of the intake world

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
yea 16 horse is alot out of a NA v6, but i dont like ebay intakes, i bought one for my 94 v6 back in the day, and it didnt totally fit, and the pvc didnt reach the hole anyway, the intakes are crude, if you do get it, get a differnt filter like K&N, ebay intakes are made of extemely think aluminum most of the time, i think they suck, they can easily get dented, and the gromits they give with them suck, your better off buying another intake IMO, K&N are good intakes, i dont beleive JLT makes intakes for the v6 but if they do buy them, there amazing intakes and worth the money, i would never buy another ebay intake in my life and im ashamed i did, i say go for K&N or JLT if they make one, some of MACs intakes are pretty good to, and they look alot better then the very crude polished aluminum or whatever the hell there made out of from ebay intakes, they start to look like complete hell if you dont maintain them to, and make sure the intake is very secure, my friend had one and didnt fasten it down for some odd reason whatever the hell it was and it hit part of the body and badly dented it and tore a hole in the ebay intake, thats all just my opinion, i would never buy any cheap ebay parts for my mach 1 or my v6

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
green falleen did you get rid of your stang??? whats up with the scion man?

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
wow u must have bought a really shitty intake, cause my ebay intake for my v6 looks great and works great

but trust me, dont buy a brand name intake (unless you have the money to blow and want brand name kudos at car shows), cause thats all you are buying is the name, and dont be retarded and just buy any intake you see on ebay, actually check the users feedback and **** like that, cause a lot of people dont and then they complain about it when really its their own fault

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
theres a reason the majority of the v8 guys dont buy ebay intakes man

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
^ and that is?
who knows could be many things...maybe that a nice v8 owner doesnt want to admit they bought something cheap for their car off ebay...or maybe for some reason since its a v8 it has to have brand name parts to run perfect...or maybe its just a bunch of bs i dunno :p

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
sry dude the day a CAI adds 16hp on an NA 3.8L I will bow down to the engineers as gods PERIOD
fixed

the reason v8 guysa dont buy it is because the more expensive brands actually give them a good amount more hp but on our sixers, the brand almost doesnt matter at all

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
who knows could be many things...maybe that a nice v8 owner doesnt want to admit they bought something cheap for their car off ebay...or maybe for some reason since its a v8 it has to have brand name parts to run perfect...or maybe its just a bunch of bs i dunno :p

im goin with these answers

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
fixed

the reason v8 guysa dont buy it is because the more expensive brands actually give them a good amount more hp but on our sixers, the brand almost doesnt matter at all
no
because they get JLT
other wise its the same thing
its just piping and a filter

if people are seriously looking for a decent CAI and ebay stops selling them i personally will start to make them and sell it for ebay prices

eBay Motors: COLD AIR INTAKE W FILTER FORD MUSTANG 99-03 V6 3.8L (item 230217841189 end time Feb-04-08 18:04:21 PST)

there you go thats all you need

1 - 20 of 35 Posts