Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a KB next month, but if I can buy the long block with the same price, what will benefit me more and less headache? What else do I have to buy if I go with MMR longblock? Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say but the KB first. Then save up and get an MMR shortblock.
KB really is my first choice. Maybe I should stick with my first plan and be done with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man, get the blower save up again and get the motor.
I think I can finally seal the deal with my first option and I hope my engine will last me for awhile. Car been in the garage for almost a year and I know I have to change all of the fluids again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definitely get the KB first, im planning on doing the same thing, the KB then get the mmr short block and possibly some tfs heads

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I think I can finally seal the deal with my first option and I hope my engine will last me for awhile. Car been in the garage for almost a year and I know I have to change all of the fluids again.
You should be fine man. Just don't go crazy with the boost. 7-9lbs. Intercooled should be perfect.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going 9lbs psi with intercool set-up. Searching this forum also say don't go above 400 RWHP.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm going 9lbs psi with intercool set-up. Searching this forum also say don't go above 400 RWHP.
You can go over 400, you'll be on borrowed time though. Also if you have a good tuner around you, your car will be fine. Most motors blow because either too much power, or a really shitty tune. I've read about motors blowing at 350rwhp because of the tune.

The 9psi I/C'd setup should but you ~38x/37x. That's just my guess though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can go over 400, you'll be on borrowed time though. Also if you have a good tuner around you, your car will be fine. Most motors blow because either too much power, or a really shitty tune. I've read about motors blowing at 350rwhp because of the tune.

The 9psi I/C'd setup should but you ~38x/37x. That's just my guess though.
Ya everyone says the weak link after 400 horses will be my internals. If I can get 380 horses that will be alright for me. The tuner in my area is actually pretty good according to everyone here. Lucky for me I have my SCT and that what he runs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely get the KB first, im planning on doing the same thing, the KB then get the mmr short block and possibly some tfs heads
I think i'm just going to get a used 2V and upgrade the internals once I get bored or wait for another tour to get the block.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
if you plan on building a motor and building a high hp setup, plan ahead and spend the extra money on a kb 2.6lc

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
KB!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KB it is thanks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'd do the long block then the KB, that way you could be a little more agressive with the boost with no worries of scattering the engine...but thats just me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd do the long block then the KB, that way you could be a little more agressive with the boost with no worries of scattering the engine...but thats just me.
What else do I need beside the long block because I'm not really familiar building a modular engine. Which one is better between MMR and DSS in your opinion? The only reason I would like to have KB because it comes with the power from idle on up and also want to limit my rear wheel horses to 400.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would also say get the long block first.. No point in putting a KB on your stock block if you are just going to remove it and put it on a built block later. But... If you are going with a standard KB 2.1 you don't need a built block. Just don't up the boost.

I would say build the foundation of the car first and work up. That way you aren't installing and removing parts. If you are heart set on having a build engine then do so and later you could put a KB 2.1 and up the boost or put a KB 2.6 on..... (The later is what I want to do):cool:

·
Registered
975 Posts
if you dont want to push anymore than 400...I'd just throw some forged rods and pistons in your stock block and call it good. Then throw the KB on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts