Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of re doing the hack job wiring a worthless shop did on my car. I'm wiring the BAP before the FPDM and need to know which wire to splice into (2002 GT). According to all the threads ive seen, you cut the Pink wire with black stripe and thats where you splice in the KB BAP.

The shop that did it previously looks liked cut the pink wire with black stripe but then changed their mind, and went and spliced into the pink wire with grey stripe. The car runs the way it is, but i want to clean up the connections and redo it. Is it correct the way it is?

Also, isnt the red wires from the BAP wired backwards? Shouldnt the fused wire be spliced to the part that comes from the inertia switch and then the non-fused red wire from the BAP spiced into the part that goes to the FPDM?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
want me to go take a pic of mine? i wired mine up but dont remember much about it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Remove Trunk Interior
Connect Black Ground Wire From Unit

This Wire Is For Pressure/vacuum Switch. To Run It Full Time, Just Connect The Black And Red Together.

I Mounted The Controller Where The Amp Is On The Plastic. Turn The Controller To About 35%.

Locate The Pink Wire With Black Stripe From The Fuel Cut Off Switch And Cut It 2-3 Inches From The Connector. There Are Two Red Wires On The Kenne Bell Unit, Connect The Fused Side Of The Red Wire To The Pink Wire With Black Stripe Going To The Fuel Cut Off Switch. Connect The Non Fused Red Wire To The Pink Wire With The Black Stripe Going To The Harness.

Then Connect The 30 Amp Fuse In Place Of The 20 Amp Fuse In The Relay Box For The Fuel Pump Fuse On The Drivers Side Right Behind The Battery

Then Your Finnally Done!!! Good Luck...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for the pics/links!! that really helps.

One question left, i know most people use the pink/black wire at the inertia switch. But since my harness/connector that goes to the FPDM is already all hacked up, can i use the pink/black wire at that location? In this location, is it still count as pre - FPDM?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
not sure bout that man. As long as it is PRE Fpdm then roll with it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts