Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot deside between these two chargers. One thing that i dont like about keene bell is the bost a pump, i dont know much about it but i know the whipple comes with the gt500 pump. here is what the kits come with please tell me what you think is better for a dialy driver, and witch one would be easyer to install?

MAJOR KENNE BELL KIT COMPONENTS
Billet Twin Screw 2.6L BIG BORE Supercharger
Hi-Flo Aluminum Inlet Manifolds
Billet Bypass Valve Assembly with Valet Mode
Bar and Plate Intercooler (”Intercooled” kit only)
Intercooler Pump (”Intercooled” kit only)
Water Fill Reservoir (”Intercooled” kit only)
93mm Cool Air Kit
90mm Lightning Mass Air Meter
Kenne Belll Calibration (Optional Dual Calibration ”Power” & “Shoot Out”)
39lb Injectors
BOOST-A-PUMP™
160° Calibrated Thermostat
whipple

• Instant boost, zero lag time for incredible throttle response
  • Revolutionary W140ax Whipple twin-screw supercharger
  • Massive 5” thick aluminum intercooler for superior cooling
  • Oversized Fluidyne heat exchanger for increased cooling capacity
  • Ford GT 38lb/hr fuel injectors
  • 0 degree Ford Racing spark plugs
  • Twin screw supercharger is the most efficient SC on the market
  • Exclusive TRUE cold air intake system with 9” S&B “True-flow” filter
  • Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
  • Industry leading 95mm mass air flow meter
  • Exclusive cold air intake system with 9” S&B “True Flow” filter
  • Ford Racing flash programmer for industry leading power, reliability and durability
  • Zero tuning required, all pre-set
  • Available non-intercooled and intercooled

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
kenne bell is quieter, and i think a few dollars cheaper unless you go with some of the vendors on here. as for daily driving, theyre probably the same it really depends on the tune you get.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I like the Whipple because it comes with the GT500 fuel pumps, and I like where the intake sits much better than on the KBs. Capability wise they are pretty much equal.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i am partial to the whipple. it also has a glass window to view the oil in the SC so you can see how clean it is and how much you have w/out having to take anything off. if you factor in the price of the GT500 fuel pump, 700, the cost is similar.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
the whipples don't void your warranty, right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Power wise they have about the same potential but as stated before, the install is much easier with the whipple

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Go whipple, check out modularfords.com there are some vendors on there with some really good prices right now for the Whipple H.O. kit

·
Registered
174 Posts
yea i'd go with the whipple based purely on the ease of install. i went with the kenne bell and love it but... it was a pain because of the extensive wire relocating, fuse box altering, washer fluid tank relocating etc. etc. all said and done under hood looks a little cluttered.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Whipple HO<<<

Install the Monster and Drive a BEAST !!!!

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I took the advise of my tune shop. I bought the kit direct from KB and had it shipped to my shop. My tuner just preferred the KB and did an awesome job doing the install. If he would have said another brand I would have used it... No regrets here but the whipple sure seems to be the favorite around these parts... Oh well I don't mind being in the minority

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
KB>Whipple
2.6L>2.3L
Billet>Cast
KB True Cold Air>Whipple Under hood Hot Air
KB BAP<GT500 Pump but KB BAP + GT500 Pump = ME
KB Install<Whipple Install

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
the KB is not quieter than the whipple, the whipple is silent, the KB will make some noise.

the whipple is a better blower, you will most likely have no problems with it, the new KB's are having their fair share of problems.

after experiencing KB's problems first hand, and their TERRIBLE customer service, ill never own another product of theres, not even a boost a pump.

whipple all the way.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i dont think my videos work! well go on youtube, and decide for yourself lol

1 - 20 of 84 Posts