Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea's what the problem areas are for the fan circuits in these cars? i cannot find for the life of me the problem, i know it has to be a short or something to keep blowing the fuse like this.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
check to see if the fan blade moves freely when the cars off. I've heard that the motors can get bad and hard to turn, so when it tries to run it's got a lot of resistance and blows fuses.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked that, fans moves free, i replaced the fan a month ago thinking that was part of the problem but the old one ended up not being bad

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one knows what the problem area's are for shorts on these guys? im about to go take apart everything and start testing wires haha

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
does it blow right away, or after a while?

does the fan work with 12V applied to it?

...and yes,,,go test those wires!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent quite figured out when it blows yet, the fan does work when i turn the ac on, but when im in stop and go traffic and the temps get up thats when it blows i think. Idk why it would blow then and not with just the ac on but that's how it seems

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
I don't know where they blow, but I can tell you how I would determine where it's shorted.

First I would get a wiring diagram that shows all the connectors and wire colors. Then I would test the resistance from the fused side of the fuse to ground (should be 0). Then i would pull the relay and check the resistance from the fused side of the fuse to ground. If it's still zero, the short is between the relay and fuse. If it's open. that section is good. Then keep testing from the relay output to ground. Continue doing this until you find the bad section. Then you get to trace wires....FUN!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i plan on working on this today, i just happen to be going through aviation electrician training lol so it shouldnt be to much of a hassle for me

·
Registered
224 Posts
Still???????????
i thought you had it figured out???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts