Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far I've found pioneer speakers in the back. a Double hook quadrant with an ajustable clutch cable. and now when I went to the shop to get my 3.73 installed they pulled the diff cover and they tell me that I already have a 3.73 I was so pissed they looked at me like I was stupid and then I explained them the situation and I guess they where like WTF so I have to return my gears

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I had that same situation last winter. Was debating on 3:73s or 4:10s. decided on 4:10s and when i pulled the cover there was 3:73s in it. I'm so glad i didnt get 3:73s

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Oh hell yeah. but the difference wasnt as much as i was anticipating because I thought it had 3.27s in it. The plus side was the car had 32k on it, odometer was calibrated. tracked down the original owner and when they were put in. turns out the car had 25k on it :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh hell yeah. but the difference wasnt as much as i was anticipating because I thought it had 3.27s in it. The plus side was the car had 32k on it, odometer was calibrated. tracked down the original owner and when they were put in. turns out the car had 25k on it :D
haa good stuff

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I found a $20 in mine when i got it. lol

I would love to find out that i have other stuff in mine that i never know i had. Good finds in you car man.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
easy way to check:mark the top of one of the back tires, jack the car up and spin the driveshaft one full spin and the tire should spin however many time your ratio is. ex if you have 3.73 hears in there the wheel should spin 3.73 times for every 1 spin of the driveshaft.

much easier to check then popping the differential cover

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
easy way to check:mark the top of one of the back tires, jack the car up and spin the driveshaft one full spin and the tire should spin however many time your ratio is. ex if you have 3.73 hears in there the wheel should spin 3.73 times for every 1 spin of the driveshaft.

much easier to check then popping the differential cover
Oh i know that trick. Doesn't help me. I have to rebuild the rear end soon, like spring if not sooner.

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
If you have an operational trac - loc, both wheels do have to be off the ground :)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
yes, both back wheels, i'd suggest having the whole car up on 4 jack stands

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well i put 3.73 on mine. 3k miles later i pulled the motor and im doing a turbo set up. now ppl tell me i should have 3.27 for that turbo :(

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If you had a 0.26 gears then yes ;)
Slight correction. The drive shaft will spin 3.73 times for every one spin of the wheel.
Got me, my mistake....they would have been all discombobulated

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I purchased my 88 hatch that I daily drive from a very attractive mid 20 year old girl.. she was hot

Anyways a few weeks after having the car I pulled the interior out and steamed vac'd it and replaced the carpet. Well I found six love notes from other girls to this girl I bought the car from. They were real juicy and graphic which was pretty sweet. I called the chick back up and mentioned to her that I found some pretty exciting love notes and if she wanted them and she came over the next day to grab them and explained that she swung both ways

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I purchased my 88 hatch that I daily drive from a very attractive mid 20 year old girl.. she was hot

Anyways a few weeks after having the car I pulled the interior out and steamed vac'd it and replaced the carpet. Well I found six love notes from other girls to this girl I bought the car from. They were real juicy and graphic which was pretty sweet. I called the chick back up and mentioned to her that I found some pretty exciting love notes and if she wanted them and she came over the next day to grab them and explained that she swung both ways
LOL.. The first paragraph of a Penthouse forum story.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts

and you did nothing after that???? she pretty much said put it in...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts