Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sorry Ok well keep it or sale it I dont have alot of money but I have some time I need it for a DD I have a loan out on it Im 19 oppions

Heres whats wrong with her....
Driver side doesnt lock (doesnt really bother me I have drove it around left windows down for awhile and unlocked no one has touched it)
Injectors need cleaned I was told
Theres rust pretty fair/bad on the shock towers
She idles high before she warms up which concerns me
lights dont work have to replace the switch
dounut? gasket needs replaced
needs alignment and in a few months possibly tires (doesnt need alignment right now it doesnt shake or pull)
Gas gauge doesnt work

To me I think the engine runs pretty strong (but im not inclined with this stuff)
The Interior is in pretty good shape (no radio tho damn)
Has some nice rims lol
has good tranny (rebuilt but tight and good)
new magnaflow exhaust
and it gets me around

I think thats it...
heres some pics sorry if theyre small
P.S. please dont be to rough this is my 2nd car i know im not the smartest but Ive kinda learned everything on my own my dad died when I was young

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you have patience I'd keep it, I beleive it would be worth it in the end. Just don't leave anything in it, can't steal a radio it dosent have on and I wouldn't put one in till you get the lock fixed.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
For 2500, you've been had. It's allright though, its not completely shot. Might not be the best daily driver though.. and how come you bought a car for a daily driver that you were worried about driving home 80 miles, or whatever it was? You're young, live and learn. Like I said its fixable, but if you are looking for cheap reliable transportation, this might not be the car. I would take it to someone that knows what they're doing and have them look it over for you, Its tough for us to say just by looking at pics.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well the drivin it home thing I usually have bad luck and since its a older car I figured something was going to happen but it didnt...

I know its not going to be easy if I keep her and wont be the cheapest but she is my dream car I just needed some insight from you guys

I might be getting a job right beside me so that will be good like 80 yards away
yeah i will prob take it to someone who knows whats up but im kinda afraid of what hes going to say $$$$$ wise lol my taxes are due back soon tho...

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's some pretty serious cancer on the passenger side strut tower

It's not completely messed up, but I'm thinking it might be more than you're looking to fix if you weren't looking for a project car.

Are you friends with anyone that does body work?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I wish I was tho i just moved here to lexington

how much you think it'll cost or you think if i find a rolling body just transfer the stuff over? but i cant change the vin over so that wouldnt work would it because I have a lean on it..

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
It all depends on if that rust is in a place where it could weaken the frame.. I havent looked in my car for years so I don't know if you're ok or not. If thats rusted through and its on the shock tower, you're probably not going to be in good shape. I would look and see if its rotted all the way through, like it appears to be in the pictures.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Get a wire brush and go to work on that spot where the rust is... that will give you a better idea of where you stand

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ok it doesnt appear to be rusted all the way threw but it does look to be rusted pretty badly

ok lets say i would sell it what do you think i could get out of her? i dont want to but i might

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The shock tower doesn't really support anything. hit it with some rust inhibitive paint.

If you ever have the motor out, you can fix it then, but I would consider this a cosmetic problem, not a mechanical one.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if the rust is that bad on the shock tower what does the floor board look like?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honestly I dont know I didnt really check them I cant now its dark they feel very strong though
I went threw the rest of the body after I saw that I dont recall seein any rust under neath when I checked the bottom the only other rust is on the hatchback like the lid on the inside it was odd but besides that i dont think there is any other rust i will give it another look over tomorrow

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
hit it with wire brush hard as you can, or a small grinder, knock the top rust off and spray it with some POR-15 and let it be until one day you pull the engine out , then fix it better. I see potential! But then again Im fixing up a 79 coupe and I had to fix floor pans.

·
Registered
569 Posts
dont worry too much, your door lock problem is a 10 minute fix and 20$ off ebay for an actuator...then a radio you can pick up a used decent one for like 40$...like ryan said the rust is ok until you get to it, injectors not a big deal if you think it runs strong...seems like you are jumping into it too fast just give it time and patience and you will have your dream car...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:Dhey how is it only a 10min job it looks hard as hell and yeah I sat back and THANKS to you guys with all your SUPPORT I decided to keep her and give her some TLC and she'll come around:D:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
i bought mine for $800 and the front end was trashed from a real bad wreck, anyhting is fixable. as for the strut tower rust i agree dont worry about it for now, and when you do just clean it all up and weld metal plates over any breaks or holes, i had to do this on the driver side of mine as the wreck broke the shock tower wide open on that side. now its stronger then new with about 4lbs of steel in there now. mine had about everyhitng minor wrong with it it could have, time and very little money and its all good to go now, and im onto rebuilding a new trans for it now

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow thats great you dont know how that makes me feel so greatly man and im so glad im on this forum everyone has helped me and wow i bet thats hard to rebuild a tranny

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
rebuilding a tranny you might wanta leave to someone more experienced.
As for the door lock actuator. I believe I have a few. $20 shipped and its yours man. Then run up to to parts store and get yourself a set of door locks with keys. You can do this man, use the search function whether here or online in general. Im a ford tech and I am always learning new stuff online and from these guys here on MM.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o i wasnt sayin i was gonna rebuild a tranny lol

wow ford tech thats awsome I always thought about being a mechcanic guy like for ford or chevy or dodge etc didnt think i could do it though

and the thing your talkin about aucuator? are you sure thats what it is let me try to explain it and if you think thats it yes I will take it for 20 COD ok?

ok i took off the door panel and I push the lock down to lock it ok and I can see the thing that it goes to (dont know the name) and it looks like it wants to lock but it just wont

in the door its near the bottom left I just want to make sure cause I dont want to buy something i dont need lol im runnin low on cash

If thats what it is then yeah i'll take it do I have to change my locks though? I have the key for them..
PM me for address

1 - 20 of 27 Posts